March 7th, 2013: Canna Lily (Canna indica) by ApopkaJohn

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

The Bloom of the Day for March 7th, 2013 was Canna Lily (Canna indica).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2013-03-07

This is one of those blooms that just Jumps out at You! Love them Canna's...excellent shot.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Kin! So cute!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I should have said TWO cute to follow your humor, Kin. LOL

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Great comment, Kin. Terrific photo.

LOL Kell Even Night owls can be funny!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

What a catch Apopka John! GREAT picture and Kin said it well...

Love this shot! I have lots of little frogs in my new garden, they serenaded me last week as I was weeding, calling each other from different locations, so sweet!

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

Yes these little frogs are cute. They have suction cup feet and will climb on window glass at night to chase after bugs. Cute and also LOUD. Croak Croak Croak at 2AM in the morning.
Sorry, Cuban Tree Frogs are a pest, because they are taking-over here in Central Florida.

http://www.wec.ufl.edu/extension/wildlife_info/frogstoads/osteopilus_septentrionalis.php

Description: Many people have reported that after they first noticed a Cuban treefrog in their yard, they noticed the gradual disappearance of the other frogs, toads and even lizards. That's because Cuban treefrogs are voracious eaters -- and unfortunately they eat Florida's native frogs, toads, and lizards, in addition to insects and spiders. In fact, Cuban treefrogs are SO successful at taking over habitat and eating Florida's native species that they are considered an invasive exotic (non-native) species -- they are a threat to the biodiversity of Florida's native ecosystems and wildlife.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I guess it is not so cute anymore!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the info Apopka John...

Glad that mine aren't the same!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I remember this photo. We will get those Cuban frogs if lots of rain. Not a good frog. Gardenguy, love the humor. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.