Remodeling and De cluttering

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric and I are doing a small remodeling job on the bedroom where the Grands sleep over and keep their toys. Most of the room will stay the same even though it is pretty dated the kids just love it. We are going to paint the ceiling and part of the walls, also pull up the old stained carpet and put down a new floor. So the first part is to clean out the room and the only place to put everything is in the living room.

You should see the wall of toys in the living room. Hey why don't I just show you.
I am doing a great job of getting rid of things as they come out of the bedroom. Jamie wanted me to keep the big spring horse so I told him to come over and take it apart and get it in the attic if he wants it and I sent the old cedar chest to Jen's. Don't get pictures of neat old furniture in your mind. It is old but not in the good way. It is in Jen's attic she has real steps to her attic and you can stand up and walk around. It will serve her well this spring when coats and heavy quilts need to be stored. A whole box of books has found a home and a large stack of mags is also gone. There are a couple of totes of clothes and a shoe rack behind the couch and Ric took down a few pictures so we can take the bed apart and stand it against the wall. The dresser will go behind the couch. Maybe I can pretend it is a couch table, Put some pretty nick-knacks and a lamp on it. LOL Boy am I glad we aren't hosting any parties at our house.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
This thread has 42 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!