Any one still interested in Hydroponics?

Amherst, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm wondering if any one from "Davesgarden" community is using hydroponics as a method for gardening.

I'm very interested, but most of what I see active has to do with an unspeakable plant.
What system do you prefer and why?

I'm just looking at this from a hobby/home use of a few vegetables I like, tomatoes, "pattypan" squash, zucchini.

Would love to see this forum get revitalized.

Clinton, IN

Just started building one as a learning tool to see if is the way I want to do things. It seems like a way to have fresh produce most of the year. Fred

Manassas, VA(Zone 7b)

I have gathered all the parts, get started is my bigest problem. I have watched a lot of utube showed withall of their sucess. I need to get started .

Amherst, VA(Zone 7a)

same here, I have the bucket, the medium, an air stone, submersible pump, just need to "do it" LOL... I'm still a little unsure which method I like, ebb and flow, or the other 3 choices there are .

Clinton, IN

Just got in from working on my project, 10 10ft. pvc tubes now have the holes drilled for the net pots Will try to get the frame built tomorrow. Still to cold to try starting anything I think.Have built some e-buckets to try. Fred

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm using aeroponics to grow food for my family. I'm finally able to grow something we can eat because of my gardens (I have three currently up and running). This is mainly because they water themselves and I don't have to weed them. ;) Living in central Florida gardening is hard. I have four young children and no time to tend a garden as closely as is needed here. I imagine you'd face similar challenges in California. If you'd like to see my gardens you can check out my blog here on DG. http://davesgarden.com/community/blogs/t/tarziesgirl/17215/

This message was edited Mar 29, 2013 3:12 PM

Thumbnail by tarziesgirl
Clinton, IN

Tarziegirl, Very impressive setup. Looks like you have got it figured out. I am just getting started with hydroponics, hope I have as much luck as you have had. Fred

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks! It's not my design though. A friend introduced me to these and I loved mine so much that I started selling them. If you're interested feel free to message me for more information.

Erin

Clinton, IN

They look very nice, but I am more into diy ,I see something and try to build something simular.- greenhouse- hydroponic unit- rocket mass heater- all in the works for now. Fred

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

No problem. It was just an offer. You can take it or leave it. I'm usually DIY kind of person, but this type of thing is out of my realm. :)

Erin

Glasgow, United Kingdom

Hey guys!

Great seeing that everybody loves hydroponics. I have build a few very simple systems myself and then wanted to create something for my parents to grow indoor but it was a bit too complicated for them.

So now we are working on a project with a vision to enable city dwellers to grow veggies indoor in an easy and fun way. We are very early stages but would love to hear your thoughts on it. 

It`s a beautiful, automated hydroponic system which you control from your smartphone.

For more advanced gardeners there is an option to control all the climate variables as well as irrigation and light from your smartphone. 
There is also an option to create your own growing settings. So if you want to experiment or grow tropical foods then you can create your own and share it with the community. 

Let me know what do you think
http://www.growot.com/
You can also just reach me at aga@growot.com

Ps. We are just changing the name and whole landing page so please excuse not good looking design.

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

I just cleaned and set my Emily garden back up today. I have not done hydroponics for awhile. Here is my hydroponics pages with pictures and info.
http://cindystuff.com/hydroponics.htm

tarziesgirl I love your hydro setup.

tarziesgirl, did you make your towers or buy them? If bought, where?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.