CLOSED: March Birthday Club

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

There's always room for more folks to join us. If you're just stumbling upon our Birthday thread or have lurked in the past and would like to join the fun, here's how our group works. During your Birth Month, you will receive a Birthday Card from each of the other participants. And in turn, you are to mail a Birthday Card to each participant during their Birth Month. Who doesn't enjoy receiving a thoughtful Card instead of junk mail and bills? A Card and a 1st Class Stamp, it's as simple as that. Purchased and handcrafted Cards are both welcome. Come on and have some fun!!!!

March Birthday's are...
rose318 / Patti -- March 18
Goldhillal / Crystal -- March 21

Let's ask our friends to join us!

Current Birthday Club Members:
Rouxcrew / Joy -- January 15
lanakila/Lanakila -- January 22
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
Crit / Patti -- May 10
Mud_Elf / Kris -- May 10
ahoogstra/Alicia -- May 17
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
texaslady62 / Lori -- June 27
Goober_Fairy/Kaitlyn -- August 5
GAgirl1066 / Paula -- September 1
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28
Sbish5/ Shirley --- November 1
Hope43 / Twyla -- December 28

HONORARY Member - Neener -- October 9

Rather than one person hosting Birthday Club all the time, we decided to take turns. We still need a host for November, so if you can help, just let us know. It does not take much: just start a new thread for your month, and wish everyone a Happy Birthday when the time comes!

2013 Birthday Club Hosts
January - GardenQuail
February - Lanakila
March - taters55
April - rouxcrew
May -- GardenQuail
June - Goober_Fairy
July - Mud_Elf
August - rose318
September - Goldhillal
October - Taters55
November -
December - Sbish5/Shirley

Meaning of the March Birth Flower: The meaning of the March Birth Flower, the Jonquil (aka Daffodil or Narcissus) is friendship and domestic happiness.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2013 7:09 AM

Thumbnail by taters55

Famous Birthdays for 1 March are:

Born
March
1st

Justin Bieber, Kesha Sebert, Mark Gosselaar, Ron Howard.

A Pisces born on March 1 has strong views on morality yet does not confuse them with deeper, spiritual truths. Their need to understand their motivations is strong, and it defines their character. They are competitive and give their best at every opportunity, always believing that attitude, more than ability, promises success.

Blackshear, GA

I'm here....hi Linda

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
LK, thanks for starting the new thread :)
Michelle

Good morning. I am checking in..

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Interesting character traits for the March 1 birthday!

Hi, all.
Hey, I finally remembered to have my husband take pictures of the cards made by Lanakila that I have. One was the card Lanakila sent to me for my birthday, and the other is a crad that Lanakila sent to Neener who then sent it to me. Hopefully, we can get the pictures posted this weekend :)
Here Spring, Spring, Spring :) Good Spring! You can stay here :) it's all right... Don't let that big blustery Winter scare you away :)
Very nice spring-weather day here today. But they say it's supposed to be a bit cooler tomorrow.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Michelle

Can't wait to see your cards!

Cutlerville, MI

Hey Taters..yours will be on the way Monday:) Have a great night everyone!

Thanks, I will let you know when they arrive.

Ladies, don't forget we have two Birthdays this month, get those cards ready to mail!

March Birthday's are...

Well I better find the cards and stamps now or I will be late...lol

Hi, all.
Got my cards... Now to get them ready to go :)
Take care, everyone!
Michelle

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Waving hello to everyone,
I hope everyone is having great day. Weather is great here. Spring cleaning inside,and digging up cannas outside. A very busy day. I love spring.
Patti

We rescued a blind baby goat today. Her name is Mable and she is so sweet.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

My husband would say. Don't let her see it , because she will bring it home. Big animal lover here. Great job saving little Mable Kris.

This message was edited Mar 12, 2013 4:52 PM

I will get pictures tomorrow. Will try to post them.

Hi, all.
Hi, Patti! Glad you stopped by :) Have fun in your garden :) I received some glads from an Easter swap I'm in. Need to plant them soon... I'm hoping the weather really warms up this week as they say it is supposed to so I can get them planted :)
Michelle

Enjoy those bulbs, they are such beautiful flowers.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2013 7:20 AM

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Michelle,
My husband and I are now working on building a bird house the swap. I have never built one before,but it fun learning. Now I am looking for things in garage sale for craft to put in my garden. I am clearing out one of my flower beds to put in citrus trees. One of my trees did well last year, so now I want to put a tangerine tree in. I have a few bulbs I need to plant too.
I really love weeding ,and building my garden from nothing. It is still a work in process. It is our little place to escape.
I hope you glads do well. Take care,
Patti

This message was edited Mar 13, 2013 7:15 PM

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Kris, I like goats, and the babies are irresistible. Just don't let it in the house or it will take up residence. And then it grows up! The billies are the smelly ones. Puuuu!

Watch out for your plants outside, she will eat all of them!

Cutlerville, MI

Hi everyone! I am finally getting everythig I need to in the mail. I hate only having one vehicle! I need our taxes to come so we can get my Van fixed:) Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

I heard on the news the other day, that IRS was holding some of the checks, due to this sequester thing! Pretty sad! Hope you get your check soon!

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

I e-filed our taxes and got my refund via direct deposit in 6 business days. We itemize, so I was impressed! I got my state refund even faster. :)

Cutlerville, MI

The IRS better not hold our...we also do direct deposit, so I am praying:) Litterally praying:)

Saginaw, MI

Got my march bd cards sent out !!

NOW OPEN, come and check it out!
DJ9 2013 SPRING - FALL PLANT SWAP
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302498/

2013 annual froggie swap is open, come and check it out, lots of fun!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302502/

Cutlerville, MI

My March BDAY cards went out yesterday:)

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ happy Birthday Patti ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by taters55
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I wanted to thank everyone that sent me so many beautiful cards for my birthday. It really did make it a very special birthday for me. I love cards. I have boxes of cards I received over the years. We won't go into how many years. I will just say my little grandson can count , and has figured out I can't be the same age as his mother. LOL
I just love that beautiful non-fat cake. Linda
Again thank you all so very much.

Patti

Hi, all.
Patti, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you've been having a wonderful birthday:)
Patti and Crystal, I mailed your cards out Friday evening, so you should be getting them soon! And, as usual, both cards are signed by both me and my guide dog.
Michelle

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Michelle,
I loved your card,and it is very special to me. I have never had a brail card before, or one signed by dog. Super cute ,and so very sweet. I will treasure it. Oh by the way, Your dog writes better than my husband,but don't tell him. I said that. I will deny it. LOL Give your guide dog a hug for me.
Thank you,and have a great evening.
Patti

Happy Birthday Patti.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Kris.
Patti

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I got a haul of BD cards yesterday.
One from Alicia that I believe is handmade. Beautiful.
One from Linda Kay for a Special woman
One from Shirley with a nice surprise in there.
So Nice! Thanks.

Makes me feel a little brighter. I have a cold-first one in 10 years, so I shouldn't complain. But I'm going to anyhow! Waiting for a call from Dr. about when I can see him today.

Glad to hear the Birthday cards are arriving!
Hope your feeling better Crystal!

Crystal,, please get better,, I want to come visit you.....

Cutlerville, MI

Crystal....REST, REst , REST, and Vit C! Hope you're better soon!

Hi, all.
Patti, glad to hear the card made it :) My dog likes signing cards :)
Crystal, hope you are feeling better soon!
Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.