TEA ROOM # 119

Merino, Australia

Here we are moved for the beginning of a new month.

we came from here..
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1296354/#new

Where has the start of the year gone. Already the third month and getting very close to Easter.
After Easter, its downhill to Christmas.

I thought the Spring blossom looked lovely outside the Tea Room, where the seasons adapt to suit us , instead of the other way round.
Its Autumn here now and I do love the color as the leaves change, but we have nothing so glorious as you do in the USA.

I hope you are all keeping safe between fires and floods.

I will be out in the garden later as it is a lovely mild morning after a cold night.
It was very strange to have the heater on after so much heat lately, but hubby says very hot again next week.

I had better get back and move the rest of the tables and chairs here then put up the signpost so everyone can find us .

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

Sorry to hear that of Chester, Moon,.. I think,Im so head up with worry Im not thinking straight and only for myself,.,.I did a 6am delivery to Geeveston this morning,then shot back up to take Sooty to vets at 9.45,but knocked off at 12.30,.,.Anthony

Clifton Springs, Australia

This is a pretty place, Jean...I just might stay a while.....

Hope Sooty is ok today, Anthony.

Went to see" Lincoln" today, well worth any awards they wanted to give it....
Some reviews said it was too wordy, in my opinion it was wonderful listening to the English language used so very eloquently....
In today's world we cut everything short, including our words....so to listen to a sentence with more than 5 words, was refreshing.
Now I want to know more about Lincoln and his sons...
Off to the library.
Dianne.

Christchurch, New Zealand

I am looking forward to getting out of the house while they finish the work here.
the pellet fire has been pulled into the lounge & they have a felt blanket over the gap & bracing inside to stop the wall collapsing if we have a shake.
The Gib has cracked in two places so the wall needs to be replastered & repainted...
Copper is the one I worry about, leaving him alone bothers me but it is the lesser of two evils.

Anthony - hope the steroid shot helps Sooty.

Animals have a knack for hiding their pain & sometimes with cats the first you know about an illness is when it has become serious.

We had Sugar & Cassie at the vet for their annual shots, cat was not impressed at being so close to the dog.
Sugar kept trying to sniff Cassie through the wire of the cat cage, Cassie took a few swipes at the nose & Sugar thought it was an invitation to play.
Cassie has dropped some weight & the vet thought her umbilical hernia seemed a bit more prominent so we need to keep an eye on her to make sure nothing is going on there.

Sugar checks out fine & had a great time trying to lick the vet:)

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Good Morning to you all.

Thanks for the lovely new view, Jean. Happy Fall. We are experiencing another bout of night time freezing weather...hopefully the last for this year.

Thanks Anthony. My fingers are crossed for Sooty's return to better health....two of my cats are in their 17th and 18th year and I worry when anything seems off with them.I realize how fortunate it is that they have attained such an age.

I would worry also Teresa, but Copper is probably happier and less stressed staying in his home surroundings. Hopefully there won't be any delays getting the work done and everyone back home.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Moon

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Quite a chilly morning as was yesterday but should warm into a lovely Autumn day.
I potted up a few new bromeliads plus a couple of brugs yesterday.
Lovely working out in the sun and enjoying it instead of having to find shade.
Today I am going to tackle the weeds among the irises.
Its not that they are hard to remove, its just that there are so many of them.
The main weed there is a sort of pink flowering thingy which grows about a foot high.
It has roots that are not big but can grip the ground and not let go.
I will use my chipper and get at them that way instead of tugging and pulling then falling over when the darn things let go of the ground suddenly...

Hello Teresa , Anthony and Moon.
It seems we all go through the sadness of aged pets at some stage in our lives. Its hard but at least we know they had a good life.

Al, enjoy your time in Florida. I hope the weather stays warm and calm for you.

Dianne, how is your garden going ? I can see Tilly sitting out in the morning sun enjoying a snooze.

Charleen. TBo arrived for his cookies without Charley. I wonder where he went off to ?

Hello to anyone else popping in for a cuppa.
I had better see what I have in the kitchen for morning tea.

Here we are , nothing like an old favorite....Chocolate Cake...

Enjoy the day and stay safe..
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Bought another worm farm, this morning, they were cheap at Aldi's....it will be a holiday home for my worms, plus make it easier to take the
worm compost out of their house....so I'll have two on the go all the time....

it is a lovely day Jean, but it's very windy too....Ray is out in the garden abusing all of my plants that have finished flowering, like the Lychnis and others...he thinks that they should stay neat or they are out...So he is outing a few, keeps him busy..lol

That looks like extra thick icing on the chocolate cake, mmmmmmm, just the way I like it...thanks Jean...
I might just make a cuppa, now.........
Have a great weekend everyone....happy travelling, Al
Dianne.

Merino, Australia

Dianne, done mention worm farms to me...
I have tried about 6 over the years. None work . I dont know why, as I do all the right things.
I think I may have been sold the wrong worms. .
No matter what I did , the worms all wanted to commit wormicide in the bottom container.
I gave up and will not try again.

Yes , I enjoyed a large slice of the chocolate cake too. yummm...
Jean.

Sorry, sadly Sooty passed away this morning

I am so sorry to hear that Anthony ...commiserations mate.

chrissy

Merino, Australia

Anthony, so very sorry.
At least hes at peace and in no pain. You gave him a great life.
A group hug from the Tea Room.
Jean.

Sorry Anthony.....

Dianne.

Anthony - so sorry to hear about Sooty.
It is so hard to lose a loved pet & no matter how old or infirm they may be it hurts.

{{{hugs}}}

Teresa

It hurts, but thank you all for wishes.I've been playing' Aerosmiths'-Dont wanna miss a thing.. If you listen to it[the words], you'll understand,.,.. Amazingly, Cocky can take away my sadness and turn it into laughter, as we have been having a big 'whistle -tune off 'tonight...He's a crazy boy.. he asked me''do you want the radio on''?.. No more cats here.. The house is empty...24 years and 7 cats and Ol Scruffy ..I will sleep soundly tonight..Anthony

This message was edited Mar 2, 2013 4:50 PM

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

How very sad Anthony....Sooty was loved and will be well remembered....Hugs to you and your whistle buddy.

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. The sun is a bit lazy here but will give us a lovely day . I love this mild Autumn weather but would like some of the rain from up north.
Hubby says we will get rain during winter but I would like a little now. It freshens up all the plants.
I am going to pot a few more brugs into large pots today and I have pots of grasses to go in the ground . They may have to wait until it does rain as I dont want then to die off.
Very windy yesterday but nice to be out in the garden watching all the birds.
The maggies are all at the back door waiting for breakfast.
We have so many blackbirds this year. Must have been a great year to raise young last year.
They are mostly quiet and wander around in the open shadehouse at the back door.
There is one who loves getting in hubbys shed . I dont know what he looks for, maybe the spiders in there.
The young magpies are also fond of getting in the shed . They will run off with anything they can carry.
Hubby is always finding his wire and paint brushes lying around outside.
I do not leave my garden gloves or anything else like labels, on the table in the back veranda or they will be carried off.
Its so funny to see the maggies around the garden playing with twigs and leaves just like a mob of kids.

Anthony, Cocky is great company for you now that the cats have all passed on.
Cockatoos can be so much fun with all their antics..
I hope his vocabulary is polite though. I have heard a few that knew naughty words...

Moon, Charleen and Al...I hope the weather is kind to you all and that you are enjoying the start of Spring.

Dianne, those pretty scabiosas are still blooming despite the dry. They are beginning to self seed around which is lovely.

Teresa, how is Sugar going without Copper to annoy ?
Nice to hear that the repairs are moving along.
I hope it is all done before any bad weather arrives.

Hello to anyone else in for a cuppa.

Here is a yummy treat for morning tea....Apple Tart..

Enjoy the day and stay safe.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Sooo much going on here and sooo much to catch on in the tea room, the broms and the brugs. So sorry to hear about Sooty, Anthony. I have a couple of sickies too, although one has the strongest will and should have gone a couple of years ago. There is nothing more I can do for him but he's eating well, the other one, well not real good. I've been in Adelaide with the boys for their teeth and stayed a week with John at his new home. Right down by the beach and a lovely area. The boys teeth are not too good, whether hereditary or what I don't know, but they have heaps of fillings to have. Cameren has terrible crowding and keeps getting absesses. They said it's because he doesn't clean his teeth properly but I don't believe that. I didn't even own a tooth brush when I was little. The garden is a mess here, I just don't seem to have the time nor energy to do everything. A friend came and gave me a hand to get the broms off the back wall REO as some were getting burnt in this weather, so now I have a bigger mess in the yard with broms everywhere waiting to be tended to. The brugs are doing okay and Pink Panther has just had a flush of beautiful blooms Dianne. They have a white inner with the pink on the outer and smell like peppermint mixed with perfume. If anything can cheer me up they can. I have been having teething trouble with the new watering systems, some of the garden wasn't getting watered properly but I think we have rectified that. Now I have to pay the last water bill. OMG $993. On that note I think I'll go and have some breakfast. Will catch up with all the goings on if and when I can. Have a great day. Colleen

Colleen, any wonder that you haven't been dropping by.....I'm sorry that everything is piling up on you, I thought that after your back got better you would be firing on all fours.....obviously not the case...

Colleen, if I might suggest getting the boys electric toothbrushes, I know that it's an initial expense but I couldn't clean mum's teeth properly with an ordinary brush and the staff certainly didn't, so I bought the electric one and it cleaned her teeth and wasn't so intrusive for her...
The boys would probably enjoy them....I know that I do....tongue, gums, teeth all get a zoom zoom.....
You could get one to start with and the boys could have their own little brush to clip on.
I'm glad that PP is doing well, your RFP certainly is....

Jean, those pretty Scabiosas are one of the things that Ray was pulling out yesterday.....they will all be back again soon enough...they really do self seed well...

We have the Air Show on at the moment and when they fly over the bay and straight over our house, Tilly thinks that they are thunder....so on Wednesday, when I heard them coming I grabbed her and raced outside
and with a clear blue sky she was able to see the 4 planes going over...the fact that the sound came a bit later didn't matter, she doesn't worry now....

Beautiful day here....
Dianne.

Thumbnail by Seachanger
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Sorry, we have been traveling for the last week since Sunday and the computer connections have been lousy at best. Made it to St Augustine in Florida this morning and the weather is much warmer here but not quite in my swimwear quite yet. Kind of cool still for that. We have a nice condo unit here for the next week.

So hard to hear about your dear Sooty, Anthony you did you best but sometimes they just have to leave us. I dearly missed my Mack when he decided to go but was for the ultimate good that he did so peacefully.

Al

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Its a lovely cool morning but going to be hot later.
I moved a few pots around yesterday and will get back into more repotting today.
I have dozens of brugs needing to get into large pots. Some of them are getting tall and top heavy so need the larger pot for stability.
So far, the ones I put in the ground are looking good.
I see I now have some of my belladonna' Hathor' flowers out
Lovely white blooms which sit nicely next to the few naked ladies still running around the garden.
I see the nerines are starting to show little green tips too.

Al, nice to see you arrived and are enjoying the weather.
I hope you get out and about while you are there and see lots of the beautiful places around.
I read about St Augustine and it is a very interesting place with so much incredible history.
The oldest continuously settled town in the USA. From back in 1565 thats a long time.
Hope you get lots of pictures.

Dianne, you would have had a great view of all the planes at the air show.
Now if it were old cars I would have liked it too.
Hubby like planes but I prefer all the old cars.
Nice to see that you showed Tilly not to be frightened of the noise.

Hello Colleen, nice to see you coming in again.
You have had a lot going on by the sound of things. I hope all are feeling much better.
Once the cooler weather gets here and you are feeling better the garden will get done slowly.
Health is more important.

Hello Teresa, hope all is going well there. Give the two spottys a pat for me.

Anthony, hope you are not feeling so sad and can get out among your bulbs with Cocky.

Moon how are things in your area. Are you into lovely Spring weather now ?

Charleen, I havent seen Charley for a few days now. He must be sulking.
I did see TBo though. I may have to steal him away as he is so cuddly.
Hope all your pets are doing well. I know Abigail is because I saw her running among the flowers when I came in.

I am off to enjoy the sun before it gets too hot.
Hello to an one else looking in

Heres a morning tea treat....Berry Shortcake..

Stay safe and enjoy your gardens.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Good afternoon everyone. Have had a very busy morning and now have the A/C on and will relax a bit before the boys get home. Dianne the boys have got electric tooth brushes already, so I don't know what's going on. Cameren has an Orthidontist's appointment tonight at 6 so hopefully she might be able to shine some light on it. Thank you for the great welcome back, I have really missed you all. I'm feeling a lot better now, but while my back was so crook and I had the pneumonia , lots of things got behind and now I'm struggling to catch up. I'll get there. I noticed this morning that my ox tongue lilies are flowering already. RFP has heaps of buds again. Lets hope that it doesn't get too hot now or I will loose them for the third time. It's so sad when all those potentially beautiful blooms just frizzle. I wonder if Louise is back in Florida too. It would be funny if Al and his wife knew her. Must go and see what's for tea. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Yes, it would be nice if Louise met up with Al...I hope that all is well with her and her 2 dogs...nice woman.
I don't know what part of Florida she lived in, Does anyone?
Good luck at the Orthodonist, Colleen......

Jean, the wind was really bad here yesterday, Brugs flopped over everywhere even the biggest ones, that's the problem with Brugs in pots..top heavy....
I don't even look at the coldies behind the little fernery, just put the sprinkler on them once a week...they are in pots, but they have long since put roots into the soil...some are growing straight up, some sideways....still that won't stop them flowering when it gets a bit cool....a massive Salvia has spread all over them, so they can't move....

Keep happy Anthony, one day you'll see another puss cat that you won't be able to resist....

Dianne

This message was edited Mar 4, 2013 3:24 PM

No Dianne, it wouldnt be fair"" and I saw it on Sunday..a beautiful 'reformed' wildcat , like Sooty, We would both be dead in another 15 yrs.. Im happy, I loved my boy,..It worries me, the future for Cocky,.,.Anyway!!!!I refer to an old saying of Fays.. 'you never know whats around the corner' ...Thanks Dianne for your thoughts.. Im still really hurting

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
No wind so far here and its still quite warm although the night was not very hot or uncomfortable.
I managed to get 10 of the brugs into large pots yesterday, before it became much too hot to be out there.
I will do some of the other smaller ones this morning.
I have all my brom pups down in the back shadehouse ready for the T&T which should be next month.
I also found 2 LillyPillys that I had forgotten and now they have rooted from the pots into the soil .
I am going to have to upset them and move them . I may plant them out in the paddock garden where something is need to fill up a bare place. Not yet though, its too hot for planting into the ground in the open sun.

Colleen, nice to hear you are feeling so much better. It can be annoying when things get away from you while you are ill, but it will all come right in time.

Dianne, I only had a couple of the smaller brug pots tip over as all the others are hanging on to the ground with roots through the pots.
The wind was really hot too. Thankfully , yesterday was not as windy..
It would be lovely to hear from Louise and hear how the dogs are going.
People have lots of other things to do in their lives and become very busy, but I do hope she is well.

Anthony, if you are ever going to have another pet, it will find you no matter what.
I think its best to just leave things go along in their own time while you remember the ones you have had.
Cocky will keep you occupied.
It may worry you about his future as they live for so long, but there are lots of great sanctuaries around.
Concentrate on the now and Fay was right, you never know whats coming..

Al , I read a bit more about St Augustine. What a great historic place to visit.
Enjoy your holiday and take lots of pics.

Moon, hope all is well down your way.

Charleen, Charley was up to see me and looked very sly. I wonder what hes been up too..

Teresa, how are things going there ?
I bet Sugar is enjoying herself with lots of friends to play with.
Copper will be taking things easy while he has the time alone.
You will be glad to get back home when repairs are all done. I hope none of your garden is messed up this time.

I am off to do a bit outside before the sun gets too hot.

Heres a nice nibble for morning tea.......Chocolate Truffles.

Have great day everyone.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

I'll just grab a couple of those Jean and be off....
Very good idea about the sanctuary.....

My pots for the warmies are on the path, so over they went....
catch up tomorrow.
Dianne..

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Must be that Electric fence Jean, keeping Charley in.
Anthony, I am so sorry for your loss. I know you will miss Sooty. Now he waits for you on the Rainbow Bridge, besides chasing butterflies and playing in the grass. Deepest Condolences. :-(
turned off a wee bit colder and then our poor old furnace died. we are keeping warm by using the cooking stove, which is gas.
This morning i when to Facebook and I have been hacked, had 38 messages....
Any help on this is appreciated.. What a mess I have gotten into..
Love you all. yep, I had to look for you. Seems I bumble around the first of the month....

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. Its already quite warm and didnt cool down much during the night .
I am going to have a lazy day as I used all the potting mix I had yesterday.
I may just walk around and have a chat with all the plants while I am watering.
Have to pop over to Coleraine today so I may see if I can get any mix there.
We are in for this heat for the next week apparently.

I see in the paper and on the news, the media are saying all sorts of things about the heat and how its never been so hot .
They should go ask some of us who used to go to school during summer way back when.
I clearly remember it being very hot for weeks during summer .
Remember the adults saying it was hot enough to cook and egg ?
Well we kids did try it and it did cook on the path . Of course we had to clean it up.
The asphalt on the roads was always melting and we would get it all over our shoes.
Of course these days it the in thing to say its all caused by climate change.
Silly b****s, of course the climate changes.
Has been doing it for millennia and will continue to change after we are gone.
I wonder if any of the silly persons realise that we are actually in a sort of calm time which is most unusual for the good old Earth . If one looks back over the total history of the Earth ( not just our teeny bit of time ) they will see that Mother Nature is one very violent lady.

Dianne, I hope your plants were not damaged when they fell over.
I find the brugs seem to bounce when they fall and dont get damaged too much .
Do you have the teeny weeny bikini out ?
I bet Tilly gets the biggest share of the pool in this heat ...lol

Charleen, I am sure Charley has a way in and out past that fence as he was here again this morning.
Cookies will lure him anywhere.
Give that cutie TBo a hug for me.
Sorry to hear that furnace died. Lucky you are coming out of the cold and will have time to get it fixed before winter gets back to you.
I keep well away from any of those sites like FaceBook etc. They seem to cause nothing but problems.

Hello Al and Moon.
Also Colleen, Anthony and Teresa.

I am off to water a bit before the sun gets really hot.

Heres a nice nibble for you all....Orange Pineapple Muffins

Happy day
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Well, one more little friend over the rainbow bridge. She went last night just before the boy's bed time so I spent a good hour reading to them about a naughty little fieldmouse to take their mind off it. Cameren gets himself so worked up when something or someone dies and always asks them to find his Dad. I hope it gets easier for him as he grows. Well have potted some broms this morning, then it got too hot so am back in here with the fan going. It's very humid as we had a few spots of rain earlier this morning. We have the sun shining it's hardest from the east and half the sky cloudy. Makes not very pleasant weather. My RFP has about 100 flowers out at the moment. They reach right down to the ground and the tree is about 12' high. The perfume is magic and I can't help but smile when I get a whiff. Beautiful. ahhhh. I have some washing to hang out so had better get to it. Hope all are well. Colleen

Colleen, which little friend did you lose, one of the chooks?
Poor little Cameren, it must break your heart when he says things like that....
How did they get on at the dentist?

Bad luck about your furnace, Charleen...there is always some expense just waiting...
Sorry about your FB, I haven't been on for a couple of weeks, so goodness knows what's there..

Exactly so, Jean....as kids we would swelter in the classrooms, the poor nun's wore those long habits and you could see the perspiration on their face...they always told us to have naps when it got too hot...but they had to endure it...
Our playground was asphalt and little bubbles would pop up..

The Brugs weren't damaged, just lost a couple of buds each...they are tough...
Dianne.

I have been baking dinner and everything is so good when you bake it long and slow. Meat falls from bones..
Spring is in a couple of weeks but it is cold and Windy today. got a little rain yesterday.
TBo is sitting here wanting a snack I'm eating instead of Breakfast. He likes the cheese crackers, not much on the tiny pretzels, he just spit it out....

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Its a beautiful cool morning here. I wish it would stay like this all the time.
More heat to come and we will be back up to neat the 40s next week. A real Summer leaking into Autumn.
I dont think we will see much in the way of Autumn color on the trees as they are already losing all their leaves due to the heat. My willow is almost bare along with all the ash trees. Not even a single red leaf on the Manchurian pear.
I watered yesterday evening so have none to do until tonight. I always keep an eye on the new seedlings though in case they dry out.

Lots of rosellas coming in lately to enjoy a splash in the bird baths.
I have some shallow containers on the ground so the little birds and any snakes & lizards can get a drink too.

Charleen, I like the sound of your baked dinner. It certainly is a great way to cook . I use my slow cooker in the winter for lots of delicious meals. We no longer have a normal oven. When the stove packed up, I never bothered to get a new one.
I prefer using the smaller appliances for just the two of us.
I love my microwave, griller and wok. I have a small toaster oven which does anything else I need.
Pat Charley for me and give TBo an extra treat, Hes a good boy.

Dianne, you may need an extra pool next week if the expected heat arrives. I can see your hubby joining you in the water.
You need another teeny weeny polka dot bikini . You will be wearing the yellow one out...lol

Hello Al. I see that there is lots of snow over there again. I bet you are glad you are in Florida at the moment.

Moon, hope all is well over your way too.

Teresa, give those two spottys a pat for me. I am sure Miss Mischief is being a good girl.

Anthony, how are you doing down there ? I hope you are cooler than we are . It will soon be time for you to get the fire going , which sounds silly at the moment in all the heat.

Hello to everyone else looking in .
I will leave something tasty out for morning tea.......

Enjoy your day no matter what the weather is doing..
Jean

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.
Its a beautiful cool morning here. I wish it would stay like this all the time.
More heat to come and we will be back up near the 40s next week. A real Summer leaking into Autumn.
I dont think we will see much in the way of Autumn color on the trees as they are already losing all their leaves due to the heat. My willow is almost bare along with all the ash trees. Not even a single red leaf on the Manchurian pear.
I watered yesterday evening so have none to do until tonight. I always keep an eye on the new seedlings though in case they dry out.

Lots of rosellas coming in lately to enjoy a splash in the bird baths.
I have some shallow containers on the ground so the little birds and any snakes & lizards can get a drink too.

Charleen, I like the sound of your baked dinner. It certainly is a great way to cook . I use my slow cooker in the winter for lots of delicious meals. We no longer have a normal oven. When the stove packed up, I never bothered to get a new one.
I prefer using the smaller appliances for just the two of us.
I love my microwave, griller and wok. I have a small toaster oven which does anything else I need.
Pat Charley for me and give TBo an extra treat, Hes a good boy.

Dianne, you may need an extra pool next week if the expected heat arrives. I can see your hubby joining you in the water.
You need another teeny weeny polka dot bikini . You will be wearing the yellow one out...lol

Hello Al. I see that there is lots of snow over there again. I bet you are glad you are in Florida at the moment.

Moon, hope all is well over your way too.

Teresa, give those two spottys a pat for me. I am sure Miss Mischief is being a good girl.

Anthony, how are you doing down there ? I hope you are cooler than we are . It will soon be time for you to get the fire going , which sounds silly at the moment in all the heat.

Hello to everyone else looking in .
I will leave something tasty out for morning tea.......Cranberry Upsidedown Cake...

Enjoy your day no matter what the weather is doing..
Thought you may like to see what my lovely green and lush garden is doing at the moment.
This is the Daylily area and will be all green in a few months.
Hard to believe when you see it so dry.
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset Thumbnail by 77sunset

finally got some internet...
at a motel since Sunday night, chimney is looking good but we can't move home until Wednesday as now the builder is waiting on the pellet fire guys to reinstall the flue & the burner & then it has to be inspected...
we were only booked until tomorrow morning so will spend a night at a different motel then back here again.
I am missing the dogs, Sugar is fine at the kennels - I am sure we would have been contacted if there were any problems.
Copper is going to join her tomorrow, he isn't happy by himself even tho hubby is visiting him several times a day & I go round after work to walk him & feed him.
Actually hubby has walked him the last 2 days so that we can get away for our dinner & then we go back to see Copper & tuck him in for the night.
Take care everyone!

some things I have been working on. Tbo just came in from outside.
Fairy door I have made for a lady, succulent, I made for a fella, and a dragon...
Hugs and nuzzles to all...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. It is a good morning here. Lovely and cool.
We had a lot of cloud come up yesterday in the late afternoon and even about 8 spots of rain.
It is so nice to have it cool for a while but I know it wont last.
I will get out and see what can be done around the place before the sun realises it forgot to tun on the high temps. again.

Teresa, its lovely to hear that you will be nice and warm for the winter with your heating etc all okay.
Poor Copper must really be missing everyone at home. A little holiday will be nice for him. I bet Sugar hasnt even thought of him with all the other friends around her.

Charleen, I love the colorful way you make your ornaments. The dragon is so cute.
Give TBo an extra cookie for being a good boy.
I hope Charley is behaving himself.

Hello Al, how is Florida. ?
You will be looking forward to Spring in your garden at home after all that milder weather I hope you are enjoying.

Moon, hope all is well over your way.

Anthony, I see there are fires again down there. Hope none are close to you.

Dianne, a welcome respite for our gardens and you can get out of the pool now too.
Wont be for long though, you will need that teeny bikini again next week.

Hello to anyone else looking in
I am off outside to enjoy the cool.

Heres something yummy for morning tea......Lemon Cranberry Cake.

Stay safe and enjoy the day.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Jean, if I sit in the pool much longer, i'll look like a prune.....
I really have to get out.....

Love the dragon Charleen, he really is special....

Teresa, it will be so nice for you all to get back into your home.....

Not looking forward to next week at all...
Keep cool everyone, who needs too.
Dianne.

Thank you my Friends.
Cool here, 29* but warming.

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. Its hot already today. Its funny that during this hot spell , some mornings are lovely , while some , like today, are very warm and humid early.
I moved the last of my brugs yesterday and a few bromeliads.
I opened up the door of the old greenhouse which has been sitting there doing nothing for a while.
The plastic has all disintegrated and fallen off the mesh that was embedded in it.
. I now have the mesh covered with apiece of beige shadecloth.
I ddint do much with the greenhouse once it got that way, just a place to stick pots away from Mrs Blackbird.
I rolled up the door which will stay up now and today I will move the pots around in there to make room for some of the hardier brmeliads.
I do have a few clivias and begonias in there. There is also a hoya and a mandevillea which were in a pot left in there and forgotten.
They are both climbing up the side so will make a nice addition as they flower.
I love finding forgotten places and making them into new ones.
If the other greenhouse eventually disintegrates too I can just open the end and make a large enclosure as they are next to each other.
I see out the window that the birds are already having an early morning dip in the pool ( bird bath)

Dianne, dont worry about looking like a prune after sitting in your pool.
I look like that before I get in the water...lol

Charleen, sounds like you need a little swimming pool too.
You could sit with Charley. I'm sure he'd like the water.

Hello Anthony, Teresa, Moon and Al.

Stay cool or warm, whichever.

I am off to water the brugs so will see what I have in the kitchen for you all.

Here we are , something tasty to enjoy for morning tea. .......Almond Sponge

Happy day and stay safe.
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Sorry, dial up has been broken since the 4th ,.., only came back in tonight,.,.Dramas +,..,

went to the Ellerslie garden show today, really enjoyed it.
Would have been nice if there had been more garden displays but the floral art & Weta workshops fantasy garden were amazing...

Thumbnail by dalfyre Thumbnail by dalfyre Thumbnail by dalfyre Thumbnail by dalfyre Thumbnail by dalfyre

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.