What fresh spring edible are you looking forward to munching on?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 73 votes:

Spring peas!
(12 votes, 16%)
Red dot

Lettuce!
(9 votes, 12%)
Red dot

Radishes!
(2 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Asparagus!
(22 votes, 30%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(6 votes, 8%)
Red dot

I love them all!
(22 votes, 30%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

(Zone 7a)

I love them all! One of my neighbors grows asparagus in his front yard. Yum!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Lettuce will probably mature first, but it is the sweet peas off the vine that I just love.

Lake Helen, FL

Alas, at this latitude, rarely do the spears get stout, but they are so delicious thati am spoiled quite!

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

eat vegetables???? yuck- everything I grow is toxic and has spines anyway

This message was edited Feb 26, 2013 2:24 AM

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

PalmBob, I am shocked! Just shocked I say.... lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I voted Lettuce ,, Only any and all from the garden are looking pretty good about now in February ..Where I am ......

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Love all above & more; including spinach & green onions.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Asparagus!! Love them!!

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

New tomatoes from our garden-so much better than from the store.

Lake Helen, FL

Actually, the best is the one that volunteers: the tender little Florida pellitory, with its fragrance and taste of cucumbers.

Concord, CA(Zone 9b)

palmbob: No Opuntia ficus-indica? Tsk! Tsk! ;-)

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

The poke salet is up and about ready.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

farmerdill, I remember picking poke in rural TN with my gr-grandma when I was a small child. That must have been around Easter, because we always visited then. I'm not sure when it starts growing up this way.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Nothing beats a fresh pea pod, although asparagus is a close second.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

This will be the FIRST year that my asparagus will sprout enough for a mouth full. I can hardly wait!!! My very first home grown as-pa-ragus!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Fresh sugar snap peas, oh my! And I'll be sneaking a couple of tastes from my young asparagus patch this year. But I love all the spring "greenstuff" out there -- even dandelion greens! They're really at their best in spring when they're young & tender. Oh, and pansy blooms! especially the blue ones that seem to have an exceptional cucumber-y flavor.

I can't seem to grow lettuce that tastes even as good as what I can buy at the store, so I use the veggie garden space for other things, although I do fill in my planter boxes with a few pinches of lettuce and spinach seed early in the season.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I voted other ~ FIDDLEHEADS!!!!

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

Asparagus!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Asparagus is so amazing. Pick it, eat it, come back in two days, do it over again. And it will do this for two months.
Yummy!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Spinach! So cold hardy I've learned to plant in fall. Soon as we get some warm it will produce like crazy- the tiny leaves now are nutty and sweet...

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I vote for lettuce! Also I love all kind of herbs...

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Peas!, but I do love them all

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

I picked "Other". I will be growing "Rainbow Mix" carrot seed, I can hardly wait to be crunching into purple, red, yellow, and orange carrots, LOL! :)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Asparagus!

Thumbnail by pirl
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

been eating lettuce for a few months now and spinach (at the near end) for a good month. will be putting in dwarf sugar snap peas next week. yay!

i just put this raised bed in this past fall and this is my first attempt at vegetables.

Thumbnail by trackinsand

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.