Fantasy

Athens, PA

I was reading a bit ago that the Fantasy on the flowers tends to be unstable when starting new plants from leaf cuttings - I am wondering if any of you have found that to be true.

I have some leaves I am trying to start - the mother plant isn't looking as good as I would like her to look and I am hoping not to lose the Fantasy in the cuttings.

Thoughts?

TIA

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

I have found that to be true. I have also noticed that my first blooms don't show near if any fantasy but as they "mature" more fantasy shows up. I have also noticed that some blooms do show more fantasy markings and others little or none on the same plant. My Summer Carnival is a good example. Some are plain but others show random colored specks in the bloom. I am sure it has to do with the genes of the hybrid you have. Most of mine show better under cooler rather than warmer growing conditions. Not sure if this helps you or not because everyone's growing conditons are a little different.

Good luck with your Momma and future babies ::))

Connie

Athens, PA

Connie

One can only hope - it is good to know that as the plant matures, the Fantasy is more apt to return. I am hoping to regenerate this plant as I love the Fantasy on the blooms. I don't know the name of this one - it was unmarked in the nursery where I bought it.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Hey, names don't matter when you love the plant and blooms (grin)

Connie

Athens, PA

Connie -that is true. The only problem is by not knowing the name, I cannot replace the plant if I lose it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.