What are our favorites?

South, TX

I have a few favorites... I thought we could show them here. My favorite is Sunlit Sugar Plum in case there is any doubt, ha. I talk about them a lot. They are almost impossible to find. I finally found a couple of leaves last year and grew some plants. I hope to get a bunch of large plants and keep growing them and keeping this plant going. I get so sad at the loss of the best and oldest plants. I lost my large plants when I got ill....

Here is a photo of my with a big one a few years ago. Then a baby I just took a photo of with the first bloom. I only have babies now but they will be getting large. They like semi hydro.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Very pretty plant Sally. Your baby will be big in no time :) I hate to say I can't pinpoint a favorite. I have several that I would get upset over losing which includes some that were shared with me from friends. All are so beautiful!! I have tested the s/h for several months to see how well it would do for me here and I like what I see so I plan on putting some babies in it shortly :)

Connie

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Sally, you both look so happy together, a good match! hehe

Like Connie, I love 'em all. Some just do a little better for me than others. Like, say, Snow Jewel (1) and Spring Rose (2) here

Maria

Thumbnail by carpathiangirl Thumbnail by carpathiangirl
Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Maria, that Snow Jewel bloom is jaw dropping!! Spring Rose blooms look very similar to my Ian Frost blooms. It sure has brightened my days this winter :)

Connie

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Thanks Connie, I think everyone has to have a Snow Jewel. Now I'm into longifolia, tried to start a few leaves but only a couple of babies made it. Will keep looking for more!

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

I received 2 leaves of Senk's Longlegs a few years ago and had no luck with them lol!! The leaves were so small but with you saying that, I wonder if longifolia leaves are more difficult to work with.

Connie

Athens, PA

Such gorgeous flowers!

Homestead, FL(Zone 10a)

Sally, it's so hard to pick favorites. My list changes as I see new ones bloom and put on a show. Your Sunlit Sugar Plum is one that I am definitely adding to my list.
Maria, love the Snow Jewel.
Here a few of my favorites that are in bloom now:
Newtown's Quiet Resolve
Ma's Fuzzy Slippers
Tiger
Midnight Romance
Spring Cardinal

Chiqui

Thumbnail by chiquib313 Thumbnail by chiquib313 Thumbnail by chiquib313 Thumbnail by chiquib313 Thumbnail by chiquib313
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Wow....great eye candy everyone!

Yes,longifolias do have a bit of a reputation for being harder to grow.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Very nice Chiqui ::))

Connie

South, TX

Nice Chiqui
and Carpathian girl!

Williston, ND

I love the martian,got spring rose and it just keeps blooming non stop,4 or 5 months
now,
streps i adore watermelon wine and bristols black cherry

JIM

South, TX

Another one I love.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
South, TX

Another favorite. Ma's Corsage. I LOVE frilly plants.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.