My new Bird Birdhouse

Edinburg, TX

Saw this $6.00 resin bird decoration at one of the dollar stores so I bought it and drilled a hole in it for a bird to hopefully make use of it. Also added a wooden peg perch and hanging hook - although I ended up glueing it to the top of one of a fence post.

Will say drilling the opening took some time and elbow grease...and it stunk really bad while the hole drill bit I used cut through the resin. Have no idea what chemicals China uses in their resin but UGH!!! It was a n-a-a-a-a-a-sty stench!!! The bad odor went away once I was done.

I thought of painting the bird a different color - like a mocking bird or cardinal since we don't get blue jays here but left it as is. I've bought another one and am hoping to paint it like a Green Jay or perhaps a Great Kiskadee as those birds are both abundant!

~ Cat

Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint
This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!