Back from my vacation in Florida Sigh.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Here are a couple of pictures from my Florida vacation, once we got there after the blizzard and fun at the airport! Visited Fairchild BG, Mounts BG, Morikami museum, McKee BG and Heathcote BG. Lots of bonsai and many other horticultural delights some of which follow. We were in Miami, West Palm, and Ft. Pierce.
Martha

This first set is from Mounts BG in West Palm. Love the dry steam bed with all the bromeliad plantings and the grove of ponytail palms. I have a 4 foot ponytail palm myself which is dwarfed by these. The turtles were cute!

Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

nice pics!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks, here's a few more.
Martha
Only reptiles we saw were these little lizards. the bridge was done by an artist. I loved the faces on the large urn.
Color came from the bromeliad and the huge bismarckia palm.

Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart Thumbnail by gardenmart
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I remember those lizards all over the outside of my grandparents screened in porch when they lived in FL

Thomaston, CT

They were all over my house & garden when we were in The Villages....eat insects....nice photos, wish I was right there right now!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Me too. came home to freezing cold and a new snowstorm on the way. Sitting under the ponytail palm in my garden window just doesn't cut it somehow. Sigh.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.