4 Obstacles to Decluttering & How to Beat Them

Newark, DE

I am not a hoarder and I am not a minimalist. I am somewhere in between. I would guess if you are on this forum, you are too. I have realized I have waaaayyyy too much "stuff" and am going through and getting rid of as much as I can. I have also found that after I go through a room, if I go back to it a few weeks later, I get rid of more on the next round.

Anyway, I came across this article today and it struck a chord with me on a couple points. Maybe it will do the same for you, so I thought I would share. I have a small part of #1 problem. I over came #2 completely but am still working on the #3 & #4 ones. I think that comes from being on the poorer side of life for as far back as I can remember. That's a long time to retrain the brain, but I am working on it. I think the article makes some good points about these things.

One point is simialr to what I said in another post here. I realized the same thing, and that's the importance of "taking control of your home instead of being subordinate to your possessions". That was my "ah-ha!" moment a few years ago and has made it easier to let go of many things I was holding on to. Oh I don't have the war won, it's one battle at a time.

Enough about me - here's the article - enjoy

http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/7448442/list?utm_source=Houzz&utm_campaign=u233&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gallery1

This thread has 320 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!