Coop for QUANITY purchase of Lilies (esp Stargazer?)

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

What places would you all recommend if I wanted to purchase larger quantities of single type of bulbs? I am looking for bigger number discounts?.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Bert (Bleek) at Touch of Nature has a lily sale going on now, and he's always open to larger quantity purchases, usually at a nice discount. Some of us in the mid-Atlantic forum are putting together a group buy (for distribution at the spring swap) using ToN and ADR as our sources. ADR is a wholesaler, but if you ask nicely they'll work with you if you're looking for a source for group buys or garden club co-ops. I've also had nice bulbs from Sunshine.

And although I've never ordered from them, I hear the really top notch bulbs are those from B&D lilies -- and I think you're in their "nearby cheaper shipping area." They do have discounts listed for 3 or 6 of a kind, and I'll bet they'd work with you if you wanted 25 or 50 bulbs, too.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I wish I could remember who the distrubutor was that when the quantities got to 100 and 200, the price was about a 1/4 of regular...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ADR does bags of 25 and trays of 250... the per-bulb price for our group buy worked out to an average just over $1 each. :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Just checked... ADR's price on Stargazer is $25 for 25, $172 for 200... a substantial savings (14%), but not half price.

Ok, well that gives me a comparison at least. THANKS!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You're welcome... just remember most other places are going to be throwing in a retail markup.

Have you checked places like van Engelen? (They're the wholesale or "larger quantities" brother to John Scheepers) I think they may only have lilies in fall, though.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I would love to get 14 Stargazer lillies. Is there an order in progress??

No, I was inquiring about a good source for high volume/ great discount for volume Star gazer lilies. van Engelen was "sold out" of everything I was interested in. I think you're right, that is their way of saying "not now"!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.