Exuberance Gardening

Weymouth, MA

Greetings from the Northeast!! I started on this sit about five years ago. I was new to everything, but I subscribed to the theory that more is more. Now I don't consider myself so new anymore, but, in spite of the warnings, I still put more plants in one space than anyone. I go for the gusto. Happy to be in Boston in my new very old house. I have included my front garden...starting year three....picture is year two....except for the boxwood foundation, everything is new...the shrubs, the trees, the perennials, the annuals. I did away with most of the grass. Good day, Everyone!!

Thumbnail by donsmith755 Thumbnail by donsmith755 Thumbnail by donsmith755
Weymouth, MA

Doh! I forgot to attach my pics....

Thumbnail by donsmith755 Thumbnail by donsmith755 Thumbnail by donsmith755 Thumbnail by donsmith755 Thumbnail by donsmith755
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Looks great Don!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOVE your "new old house"
Looks great!!! Keep it up!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

looks great don.

Thomaston, CT

Nice job with the front gardens.....looks like color there for 3 seasons.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Very nice!! Oh, and welcome back!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Very, very nice. I love that style of house

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Nice, Don!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Love your thoughts about exuberance too, Don. One of my favorite garden books is called The Exuberant Garden and the controlling Hand. I'd say you qualify for the sentiments.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Nice winter to treat to have some Gardening Exuberance and I would say you have done the Old House Proud! Want to see more of you and your efforts. Patti

Weymouth, MA

Spring??? Solomon's Seal?, Daffodils by the river, Crocuses, more Crocuses, something?

Thumbnail by donsmith755 Thumbnail by donsmith755 Thumbnail by donsmith755 Thumbnail by donsmith755 Thumbnail by donsmith755
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I don't know, Don. I love daffy daffs.

Thomaston, CT

Chinodoxa...Glory-of-the Snow.....

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Looks great, Don! I love the house, and I always love it when people put in more garden than lawn. Lawn is highly overrated. Love the look of it, but very high maintenance.

Karen

Weymouth, MA

Year 3 last summer....thanks to Google (both cool and freaky). Still struggling right next to the sidewalk (street). Added meadow sage last fall....it is peaking up this spring....hopefully it will do well in this difficult spot.

Thumbnail by donsmith755
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Looking good, don. I like your little pyramidal conifer too.

Thomaston, CT

It is looking very nice!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, I like your yarden!!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Very nice!

Weymouth, MA

Thanks Rosemary The evergreen tree is a Canaan Fir.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.