please make "tagging" photos less complicated

Davenport, WA(Zone 6a)

When I try to tag a photo of one of my flowers (the pink columbine, for example), you want me to say exactly which latin name it has....I don't know this .... only that it's pink and a columbine. Same goes for the dianthus, sedum, thyme, lilacs, iris, etc., in my garden.....

Can you allow us to just give our plants a more generic 1-word name (like "columbine" or "sedum" or "dianthus") rather than having to pick from 18+ different, and excessively detailed, possibilities, when we don't know which one it would be?

Other than this, I think this is a wonderful new idea and am enjoying it.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We're working on getting an option so that you can tag by common name. 'columbine', for example.
Stay tuned and it shouldn't be very long...the good thing is, you can always go in and edit your albums at any point, so once it is in place, you should be able to tag your plants.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This message was edited Feb 26, 2013 4:44 PM

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

DavidofDeland
Yes I have been having that same problem, Melody said they were not having a problem but would keep an eye out for others having the problem. Thought it might just be my internet provider, but I guess not.
If I wait a long time, the pictures will finally come up, sometimes a very long time.
You might want to send admin a d-mail and let them know you are also having that problem!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This message was edited Feb 26, 2013 4:45 PM

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

I went ahead and sent a d-mail, they won't know to fix it if they don't know it's broken!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This message was edited Feb 26, 2013 4:46 PM

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Seedfork, you have an excellent point. Where did you send your D-mail? I'm new to Garden Showcase, but I see that the problems I'm having have been around for a long time. It's a great idea, and if it worked well, I'm sure it would be a much bigger attraction. But the timing and the number of comments in this forum tell me that more than a few folks have tried to use it and given up.

Anyway, where did you send your d-mail?

TIA
LAS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.