Wanted Milkweed seed for trade or postage

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Been to every box store and plant store around and cannot find milkweed seed. If anyone has some to share I would love to trade or send postage.

Thanks

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

There will be some in the package , yes it's me again , I know I have tall green , may still have the orange Tuberosa , looking as I go ,

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Thanks ;-)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

What flavors are you looking for? I have several.

Ju - the orange will not flower the first year from seed.

Neither will many of the other perennial varieties. I have some A. physocarpus and A. currasavica. Cold stratifying some A. incarnata, but not sure I have enough to share. Let me know.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

AmandaEsq' I have (A tuberosa) and (A syricus) I don't know the name of Red Swamp Milkweed I didn't have many but sending the remainder to osborne311. The tuberosa I can send a few small plants of when it returns. For now,, just what is left of the seeds. Neither does the tall green(first year bloom)
The Honeyvine milkweed does though lol

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I have Asclepias incarnata "Ice Ballet". Seed is several years old but still viable

Pix 1: seed is surface sown, 10 days to germination, I ended up with 38 seedlings that have been potted on, pix 3 just a few moments ago. these were started 12/29/12.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Ft Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Osborne, I have FRESH milkweed (tropical-the red and yellow tall type) I just picked seed of yesterday. Only mail out typically once a year-all of my stuff to friends.
D-mail me with an addy for mailing 1st week of March, if interested. In 8B though, will need protection or harvest of seedpods for regrow. Monarchs do love it down here :)

This message was edited Feb 22, 2013 7:52 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.