Thinking of a big cook day for freezer meals , need feedback

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I Was sitting here thinking how awesome it would be to do a saturday cooking day to make some freezer meals, but I would need to incorporate what's in my freezers already into my menus. Most of what's in my freezers already (yes I did say freezers) is veggies and fruit , and not very much meat at all, except deer of course. It's going to require alot of planning I guess. veggies I have frozen are purple hull peas, baby lima beans, already cooked mustard greens, zuchinni, (shredded) black berries, raspberries, strawberries. some home made pork sausage,

I'm not even sure where to begin with this endeavor.

But I do know , I need to empty some freezer space in order to do this, so I have to eat what's there first or incorporate it all into my menu somehow.

has anybody else ever done a make ahead freezer meal plan for a month or so? what kinds of containers would you use ( would think i'd have to buy some foil containers or plastic ones.

I'm also interested in making some bread dough for the freezer, and maybe a couple of desserts.

I'd love to hear your feedback and ideas, recipes, tips, or encouragement :)

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!