Izzy, my crazy cat

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Izzy, our calico cat joined us when she was 9 months old. She lived at the vet's office and had full run of the office for over a month.

So when she joined us in December 2011, the new schnauzer puppies were 4 months old. Izzy is a very long cat that weighs12 pounds. She plays with the schnauzers all the time. She goes in and out of the house using the doggie door. I lock up the doggie door at 5pm so she spends the nights in the house.

The schnauzers and I go for 2 or 3 walks a day. All I have to say, even if she is asleep, is "Izzy, we are going for a walk". She comes flying and goes outside and waits on the driveway while I leash up the dogs. Then we go on our walk on the greenbelt with Izzy close behind.

So today was an absolutely lovely day and we headed out near 9am for our first walk. When we got up by the tennis courts at the top of the greenbelt, the schnauzers and I headed down into the bowl like area and Izzy followed. Then she spotted the 5 or 6 quail up by the entrance into the tennis courts. Off went Izzy. I was not to happy about that because I felt she would chase some of the smaller quail. I was watching very closely and was, and still am. totally amazed.

Izzy walked right up to the quail and they did not move. She stood there waving her long tail back and forth and the quail still did not move. They were all looking directly at her. For close to a minute this went on and then Izzy went behind a hedge lining the outside of the tennis fence and the quail turned and went in the other direction. And I was still standing at the bottom of the bowl in total amazement.

Tomorrow I will take my camera and see if I can get a photo.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!