CLOSED: 6th Annual 3 B-House Swap

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi my name is Cindy (aka purpbutfly) and I am hosting a 3 B House Swap

Bats, Birds and Butterfly House
The swap is moving to Spring so there will not be one in August like there was last year. And I will have it at this time every year.

I am opening it February 17th, and will take names until March 3rd, then posts your buddy name and address on the March 4th. I would like to ask you all to mail your buddies house so that she may get it before the first day of Spring, March 20th. If you are not in the address exchange please dmail me your addy.

It does not have to be home made, it can be bought. If you want to make a homemade one it can be made out of ANYTHING,( old cowboy boots, cowboy hats, cans, gourds, you name it.) If a bird can get in it, it's a house, but bat houses and butterfly houses are a special type of house. Pictures alone do not qualify, but if you want to decorate with pictures that will work.

Anything goes so long as there is either Bat, Bird or Butterfly with a House, inside decoration or outside decoration. Here are some links to give you some ideas for your houses.

When signing up please specify what type of house you want. Here are some links to some really neat houses.

As for $$$$$$, don't go bankrupt trying to find the perfect house, but do make sure it's a good one and won't fall apart before summer is over, lol. So let's have some FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.birdhouseshowroom.com/bird-houses_1154.html?ppc=1513&af=1513&s_kwcid=bird%20houses|19926167125&gclid=CI_JufiBu7UCFc6DQgod90MABg&gclsrc=aw.ds

http://www.kmart.com/outdoor-living-outdoor-decor-birdhouses-feeders&Bird%20house/s-24564?filter=Item%20Type&sid=KSx20070515x00001a&psid=42x5140375

http://www.backyardbird.com/?gclid=CIa7jeaCu7UCFWhyQgodRA4Apw

http://www.houzz.com/photos/birdhouses

http://www.duncraft.com/index/page/category/category_id/217/category_chain/38,217/name/All+Bird+Houses/

This message was edited Feb 17, 2013 9:47 AM

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

Marking this spot for sign ups

1. purpbutfly (Cindy) Birdhouse (beings I have no trees to hang a house from. I would love to have a decrotive one to hang on my porch)
2. heavenscape (Jayegirl)........A Bird Feeder received from Cindy ^_^
3. lanakila.......functional bird house received from Patti ^_^
4.FruitOfTheVine (Susan) Functional Birdhouse Please.........received from Crystal ^_^
5.rose318......functional Bird House received from Alicia ^_^
6.rouxcrew (Joy).............functional birdhouse
7.goldhillal (Crystal)............anything as long as it is decorative received from Joy ^_^
8.ahoogstra (Alicia)........functional Birdhouse received from FRUIToftheVine ^_^
9. tatters55 (Linda)...........Birdhouse received from Jaye ^_^
10. Seedtosser (Judy).......Birdhouse received from LK ^_^
11. abbisgranma (Marion)........Bird feeder received from Tina ^_^
12. Tina_A...............Butterfly or Birdhouse

This message was edited Apr 2, 2013 8:36 AM

This message was edited Apr 11, 2013 7:53 PM

This message was edited Apr 11, 2013 7:56 PM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm in!

what do you want??????

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Anything to the purchaser's convenience. We have bats, birds, butterflies and even bees!

This message was edited Feb 16, 2013 1:06 PM

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm in! I prefer a functional house rather than one that is only decorative, as we garden for wildlife and can always use more housing. I'll be happy to create bird, bee, bat, or butterfly for someone.

Welcome, lanakila!!!

This message was edited Feb 19, 2013 7:37 PM

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Functional Birdhouse for me to receive please, and I'd like to send the same if possible, Cindy. This is always a great traditional swap and am glad you're hosting it early.

Among our year-round residents, the Eastern Bluebirds already appear to be in courting mode.

KRIS and FRUITY!!!! Hey ladies been awhile........................

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

May I join?

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Cindy, I am waving frantically. Please, please, please!

I definitely want a functional house. I don't have any room for decorations inside, but my yard fence is still missing a few houses, so a decorated outside house would be cool. Birds please.

Joy

Welcome rose318 yes you may join, what type of house would like?? Hi Joy!!!!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I would like function bird , or butterfly. Thanks Cindy.
Patti

This message was edited Feb 17, 2013 1:22 PM

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

May I join this swap? Even if nothing takes up residence in these houses, they would make great garden decorations, and I love garden decorations. I will accept any kind of house anyone wants to send me, even just a purely decorative house, with no other function. I was wondering if butterfly houses worked, and a tiny bit of research brought up the article below, so you can decide what you think, but no matter what ,they are cute.
As for bats, in summer I frequently see them flying at dusk when I walk on the road. There are trees lining the road. But I have never seen one in my yard, even though the yard is surrounded by trees, so go figure. In my area we have had rabid bats several times in recent years, but I am not afraid of them, and do not much think they would take up residence in a place (low) that I might choose to site a bat house.
In spite of all this palavering , I think this is a great swap and want to try it.

http://www.gardenguides.com/630-hibernation-boxes-butterflies-use.html

I have had buttefly houses up but have never seen any Butterflies go in one, I heard that they need a place to go when it rains???? I have my Butterfly house hanging in my Black Knight butterfly bush.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey Cindy,Please make my choice of a functional or decorative bird house not butteryfly . I have read they don't actually work. Thanks,
Patti

This message was edited Feb 19, 2013 7:39 PM

Cutlerville, MI

Please add me too! I am really excited to get the spring swaping started:) Thanks Purp!
Ahoogstra

Welcome, I am so sorry I have forgotten your name....what type of house would you like????

I was informed by someone that they are NOT welcome to any swaps. So whoever you are!!! This is MY SWAP!!! Anyone can join if they want to, and if YOU DON"T LIKE IT then I suggest YOU go some place else!!!!!

I am sick and tired of people being rude and playing childish games!!!!!

I will be dropping out.

Sorry Cindy......

This message was edited Feb 19, 2013 7:40 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sign me up please Cindy. Birdhouse please?

Kris,

I'm not trying to stress anyone out, just making a statement. No one has the right to tell anyone they can not join swaps, except for the person hosting the swap or DG mangament.

Hi LK, thanks

This message was edited Feb 19, 2013 7:51 AM

Glenview, IL

Good morning!!

OH goodness, sure hope whomever it was does in fact decide to join!

OK speaking of joining, please add me...I am excited because the last time i receives a gorgeous Log cabin style...
I don't think I'll ever have enough b-houses.

functional bird house would be cool, lol or whatever, they are all cool.
Judy

Hey Judy, so glad to see you joining!

(((((((((JUDY))))))) so glad YOU joined!!!!

Glenview, IL

Hiya Linda Kay and Cindy!! Thanks me too and I am real excited because this year, I am going to do something special!!!ROFLOL, better start now.

Big Armwraps to you too Cindy!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Woohooo Judy!!! Glad the logcabin b'house still gives you pleasure.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

SIGN Me up Please Would like to Receive functional bird house for out in our new woodland Gardens .
good to see ya back again cindy :)

Hi Susie good to see you too. BTW all those plants you sent me are doing great!!!! Thanks

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Raising my hand here!!
Cindy.. Cindy.. may I ask for a bird-feeder instead?
I really need one bad. It begins with a "B", if you noticed.

If you could, I'd appreciate this.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Somebody making birdhouse here? I would love to have a few if possible .

Sheri

Sheri, this is a swap, put your name on the list, and someone will send you one! Glad to have you with us!

Cutlerville, MI

Hey Purp and all I would like a functional bird house:) Thanks again VERY excited:)

Cutlerville, MI

So excited! Just picked up some birdhouse kits....and I have been searching Pinterest for decorating ideas...both functional usage and decor! Can't wait!

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Sorry can't join

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Cindy, add me to the list, please. I would like a bird feeder.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wooohoooo.. another one in need of a birdfeeder.
The only birdfeeder that has withstood all climates from a swap these few years is the verdigris colored metal birdfeeder from LK.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I am having trouble keeping my feeders filled.......with this weather the birds are eating the seeds as fast as I can put it out. Yeap, need feeders as I have 2 small human type people who sees one they like and it is "Grandma can I......"? You finish the sentence. So Grandma needs to replenish her feeders yet again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.