Coral Bells - Heuchera to trade

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Need plants! New property with nothing much but grass - starting over so will likely trade for anything!! I can send root clump with starts from mother plant.

Thanks

Cochran, GA

What kind do you have?

Minneola, KS(Zone 6a)

As soon as plants are up again and I know what I have (will prob have spiderwort, bees balm, purple coneflower, lambs ear, and maybe some more, I don't really know. I am in the process of trying to go from more annuals to more perennials so someday I'll have a lot more to share. Currently under a lot of snow (thank God for the snow to keep plants warm) with another bought of snow coming in tonight. I really don't need coral bells though, I have a bad tendency to kill them when I have tried them.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Lindaraley - I have coral bells

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Here's an excerpt from an article about coral bells on DG:

If you don’t have Coral Bells (Heuchera) in your gardening repertoire, you are missing out on a vast palette of purples, chartreuses, grays and oranges in your yard. Also known as Alum Root, Heuchera (pronounced HEW-ker-uh) is a beautiful genus of perennial foliage plants that will add a punch of color to any spot in your garden. Heucheras come in all sorts of colors, shapes, sizes and growing needs. Some do well in shade; others can thrive in full sun. They are drought tolerant, very cold hardy (Zone 4), and many of them will even stay evergreen through the winter.

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/253/#ixzz2Lscbxk2j

Can you be more specific about what you have?

Thanks, Pam

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Sorry if I am not being as specific as I can be. When this was purchased a few years ago it was simply labeled Heuchera "Coral Bells". I had assumed Coral Bells is the cultivar of the more basic Heuchera. It is green when new leaves come on and they mature to a very deep burgundy/purple color. I am still rather new at posting on here or would try to post a photo.

Thanks

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

It sounds very pretty. I have a few of the dark leaved cultivars and love them.

If you have pictures on your computer already, it's easy to post them. You just click on 'choose a file,' then when the box comes up you navigate to the folder that has the one you want to show.

Good luck!

Pam

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I would love to add some more to my garden. I already have the older variety and a few of the newer ones. Mike

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

It is the variety on the far left of HazelCrestMikeB's photo above this post.

(Carole) Cleveland, TX(Zone 9a)

I absolutely ADORE Coral Bells.
Please have a look at my have list. If you see anything you want, please let me know!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.