Patent Information

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

When you purchase an African Violet how can you tell if it is patented. In most tropicals they mark them PP..but I have noticed none of that marking on AV but I do see one that said AVSA #0000 or some other numbers. Is that just a registration number or does that mean it may not be propagated for sale? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Hi,
I am not sure but I will be glad to post this on another site where they would know for sure (if you would like me to).

I know you are not supposed to reproduce the Optimaras and some others,but I know many African violets have been propagated from registered violets.
Lynn

Wrightstown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Lynn, I would appreciate that very much or if you tell me where to do it I will. I am a small certified nursery in NJ and sell and ship starter plants all over the USA. Mostly tropicals. I have always loved AV but have never been able to propagate them for some reason. I was going to begin to do it again just because it is a challenge and yet I do not want to invest in plants I can not reproduce and sell. I appreciate your help. JB

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.