Sinningia Seed Pod

Yonkers, NY

Hello everyone, one of my mini sinningias has developed a seed pod. This is my first seed pod. I have searched on the web, but the instructions were brief if at all. Right now the pod is still green and on the plant. When do I remove it? When do I collect the seeds for planting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jackie

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Hey Jackie :)

Leave the seed pod on the plant. I have one mini and it will self seed. I will remove the babies from the pot when they get big enough to handle.

Edited because I was thinking of streps DUH!!

Connie

This message was edited Feb 2, 2013 3:10 PM

This message was edited Feb 2, 2013 3:13 PM

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

I give up on the first post. Problems with me or the computer....probably me lol. The pod will be ready when it turns brown. You can remove it if you don't want it to self seed.

Yonkers, NY

Connie, Thanks for the reply. I will leave it on. I was worried about the pod bursting and loosing the seed before I had a chance to sow them.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

That can happen.People sometimes kind of loosely wrap it when it's getting mature.
Lynn

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

If you scroll down,there is a nice article about Sinningia seeds.
http://www.gesneriadsociety.org/gleanings/DOCS/Gleanings2010.09.pdf

Lynn

Yonkers, NY

Lynn, Thanks for the link.

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Congrats, I love growing sinns from seed, so easy and rewarding. Have a couple of pods maturing too. Would be fun to do a swap, please LMK if interested.

Maria

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

I would like to swap a few seeds

Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.