Hello DG administration family!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I have been noticing the effort and how hard you have been working to make this forum work.

I am not a computer whiz, yet somehow find aspects of it confusing. These are thoughts I have had that may help others access and comment more........maybe?

In the "What is your garden type?" area,.... and at the top a simple 3 category selection of:

1. Professionally landscaped and maintained Garden Showcase (the gardens we love to see and dream of!) Fun for ideas!
2. Do it yourself Garden showcase ( Gardens maintained by folk who work at it and rarely hire out. Maybe mowing the grass and a little weeding help ) Know a lot and Love to share.
3. Learning to Garden Showcase ( where those who are starting to garden and are proud to showcase their works. These Showcase folk Will have response from the Do it Yourself Showcase folk.

This Garden Showcase forum has the ability to make the whole site evolve. You already know that. How are we gonna get people commenting? Replies from those sharing.

I do realize there are already individual forums for these things,.. yet if anyone is going to actively share on this forum, the way it is set up may leave them with a feeling of, "I best stick to my forums of choice which already exsist and not spend time posting picks that will just be lost in the fray here!"

You guys have done well with trying to develop this, yet it somehow isn't seeming interactive? Respectfully, and believing, David

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

The way something like this might be put in action effectively;... could be to have everyone submitting an album to Garden Showcase to choose which of the 3 catagories their showcase should be shown in.

Thank you and forgot that thought earlier DG staff...

Happy Gardening! Spring is around the corner!

David

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We're thrilled with the response in the Garden Showcase and hope that more gardeners will start to use the advanced options.
The tech team will be making tweaks over the next few weeks to help users utilize the features. We needed folks working with it in real time to see where improvements should go. Keep posting suggestions and thoughts. They're a big help.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I personally meant well with my last responses and Thank You Melody.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

You're quite welcome.
We appreciate the dialog and want folks to speak up.

Brisbane, Australia

Hi,
So all the problems I had, all the hours I spent...my garden was on showcase for what? half an hour and no one will ever see it again because it doesn't have a category.Couldn't you have a few pages of showcase so at least it is up there 24 hours?
My description of the problems I had have disappeared also with no reply.
I know you deal with a huge number of members but, to be honest, I would not bother with trying to put up any other areas of my garden. May I hold up as an example of photo management and albums which work quickly and easily and is easily accessed for years www.ozgardenclub.com.
Derwal

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

As Melody said we are looking at ways to continually improve this feature - it is still in beta test mode. Please do keep the suggestions coming. One thing to keep in mind is that a site with over 500,000 members is going to have less "air time" for any one post, photo, etc. than a site with a few hundred members :-)

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Understood completely.

I personally would rather garden then manage a gardening website! Trying to be diplomatic with so many demographics, and photos to sift through!

At best, DG is a success! This one and only forum is the enigma! Less is more, and all of us needing to be noticed are a part of the hardship.

You well know most folk feel happy being noticed. Most folk do not feel comfortable in a new huge group of unlike types and gravitate to people of like mind to share ideas and learn from.

These 3 simple sections I have mentioned in earlier messages are needed.

#1 Professionally landscaped and maintained Showcase Gardens. Is this you? (check the box)
#2 Do it yourself Showcase Gardens. Is this you? (Check the box)
#3 Just starting to Garden. Is this you? (Check the box)

It seems possible that once I (for instance) clicked on "Professional Showcase Gardens", that there could be 'eclectic' or 'cottage gardens' within this category.

It seems possible that once I (for instance) clicked on "Do it Yourself Showcase Gardens", That there could be 'eclectic' or cottage gardens' within this category.

There is since in what Dewal has said too!

This is the ONLY forum on DG that seems alack and oddly uncommented on on the whole?

Still meaning well,

David

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

David, this is a brand-new forum, opened specifically for questions and comments about Garden Showcase. It has several threads going, and we and the techs are trying to address the questions (and suggestions) as we can :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.