A naturally aged Rubber Hobby horse

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

When I was pulling into Eileens yard delivering a pink Bouganvillea,...I turned in and looked to the right and thought to myself, "Wow, is that a cool old marble horse!"

I knocked on the door and Eillen answered and I dragged the Bouganvillea off the truck and placed it where She wanted it.
She showed me around her little gardens and showed me some of her favorite things. The horse was never mentioned somehow.

As I was opening the door of my truck and saying goodbye, Eillen said to me, "Wait David, I want you to have something. It would look much better in your gardens..."

I followed her to the middle of her yard and thought she was going to give me one of her spinning flowers or little plastic animals, or maybe a cutting I was thinking... and she went straight to the horse that I thought was marble and said "I want you to have this. I instantly new what it was on closer inspection. "I love this horse Eileen, it is special. Thank you so very much!"

Eileen is in her Eighties, and She told me that the horse had been in Her yard at least 30 years. The spotting and markings are 100% nature-made!

This message was edited Jan 23, 2013 12:57 PM

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!