Problem with order

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I uploaded a series of photos showing progress from start to finish of a backyard project. When I looked at it several weeks later, it was all out of order and made no sense. Any idea why that would have happened? I've started dragging things to their proper place, but kind of gave up - feels like re-doing all the work and I've lost my ambition to finish. I may just delete the album if I can figure out how to do that. Thanks. Good idea but perhaps not for me.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

So far no reply to this query, and I also noticed you have chosen to censor (delete) another post which I found interesting if a bit uncomplimentary to DG. Short sighted in my mind. Please advise how I can delete my messed up 'Garden Showcase' which at the moment is more of a 'Garden Makes-No-Sense' - I've tried poking around to delete it myself but am unable to figure that out. I'd rather not have it in there out of order, and don't have the energy to re-enter everything or I guess manually move the images around. Thanks.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

You can just drag the items wherever you want them. I've moved my images around within my showcase albums. The image you want to show the public is the 'cover' select that, and that image will be the first image in the group. After that, just click and hold your mouse and pull the other images wherever you want them to go. If you don't want to manually move them, once you open up the edit feature, there's an option to delete the album in the right corner.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, I will opt for delete. I had them all in the order I wanted them in to begin with (at least I added each photo in the proper sequential order) and it is simply too time consuming to go back and redo the whole thing. It took a fair amount of time the first go-round.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Successfully deleted. Good luck with this feature.

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

I did move the images after I entered them into a new order, then saved the album. When I opened the album up again ,they were all out of order again. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I wouldn't think so.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

No, it should save your order.

Croton-on-Hudson, NY(Zone 6b)

Quote from Seedfork :
I did move the images after I entered them into a new order, then saved the album. When I opened the album up again ,they were all out of order again. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I wouldn't think so.

Seedfork - the same thing is happening to me. I just started an album a few days ago. I want to show photos starting from springtime to winter. After I organize them and save the new order, every time I come back the photos are again in a random order. I hope someone responds to this problem.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'll let the tech team know that there's a problem with ordering the images and get them to look into the issue.

Thanks melody. I won't upload too many more photos until the problem is fixed because as bonehead said, it is frustrating and time consuming to keep putting them in order when you have a lot of photos.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2013 8:03 PM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'm hoping that they can get things working quickly! We love seeing the new albums!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Oh yeah, it isn't working for me either...I just tried it with my albums...so it isn't just you.

The problem seems to be fixed now. Thanks.

Out of order again! Please fix. It takes too much time to go over it and reorganize it again although now I have numbered the photos and it takes less time but still not necessary.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2013 7:57 PM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

What browsers are you using?
I'm using Firefox and it is working for me.

Hi Melody,

I'm on a Mac and am using Safari 5.1.9. I just tried it on Firefox and the photos are still jumbled. If you look at my photos, I have numbered them just in case this did happen again as it has. You can see the numbers are out of order. I'm not sure what to do now as I don't want to keep reorganizing them every time I add another photo. Thanks for following this up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.