Luncheon for Central AR March 9, 2013

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

The holidays are behind us and it's time to get back together again!!! I'll host a luncheon at my home on March 9, 2013. I'll prepare the entree - don't know what that will be today! I'll let you know in a few days after I've had time to think about it. The days are getting longer and spring is not far away. Let's celebrate!

I'll keep a list here of those that can make it. Hope you all can! I'll also use the same thread to keep up with the food. Of course we will have door prizes!!

Charlotte
Kathy Ann
Kim
Loretta
Sandy
Sarah
Christine

This message was edited Jan 24, 2013 10:08 AM

Thumbnail by cperdue
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte, should we bring some tools and make it a work day to help you clean up your yard? I hope to be able to make it - guess it will depend on what is going on with Leigh and where he is at by then!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

No Genna!! I wouldn't do that to you all! Someone mentioned that in kidding I think. This luncheon is just for fun and relaxation!!! No plant trading unless someone just has something they want to bring.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I would love to be there, Charlotte, but can't give a definite yes right now. Will let you know as we get closer to the date.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I will be there...if I come back from Hawaii ;o) Go ahead and add Sandy, too. She may want to join us.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Great! Will do!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I've finally had a thought about what to serve for lunch! I think we'll have barbeque. I'll pick some up somewhere. Sounded kinda like the start of spring kind of thing!

I answered this on FB but will say the same thing here...

Sounds great! I may make Lemon Pie Dip...I may change my mind after I get home ;o))

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

What is Lemon Pie Dip??? Sounds great but what is it? A desert or a dip?

Little Rock, AR

Charlotte, if you are having barbeque, I'll bring the baked beans.

Charlotte, it is both!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I won't be able to make the luncheon but I will see all you ladies at Kathy Ann's in June.

I found out today that one of my internet friends on my weather forum at "that other place" is coming down to Branson with his wife and they want Al and me to come over and visit with them on the ninth. Since this is probably the only time I will have the opportunity to meet them in person, I could not say no.

You ladies have a great luncheon and Al and I will enjoy meeting my friend and his wife. :)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I didn't even know this thread was here lol. if Sarah is bringing baked beans I'll do something else to help with the bbq. like coleslaw or potatoe salad, Kim, I saw this lemon sheet cake recipe on pinterest the other day, It made me think of you, it really looked fabulous!!

Little Rock, AR

I'll miss you Marilyn! Can't wait to see the rest of you!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte,
Just wanted to let you know that I will not be able to attend the luncheon. Our annual daffodil festival is that weekend, and Kyle and Jessica are planning on bringing friends over to check out the festivities. Guess I better be here to help shuttle kids around and cook. I didn't realize it was the same weekend! But, I guess that is the way it always goes.....

I know ya'll will have a great time!

Genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sorry you can't make it Genna!
It's just a few weeks away. Hope the weather is pretty! I'm really getting spring fever. I worked at the Flower and Garden Show this afternoon and all those azaleas they bring in really looked like spring!
I thought sure I remember Janie saying she was planning to make it this time but I can't find where I saw it!! Does any one else remember. It's not on the FB event thread so it must have been one of the other threads.
Janie are you following this?? Let me know.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Just want to remind everyone that our luncheon is this coming Sat. Does anyone need directions? Don't forget to bring a door prize.
Can't wait to hear about all of Kim's adventures!
As usual plan on arriving around 10:30 am. You know us! We can't wait to eat!!

And I cannot wait to tell you all about them! I will say this, if you get an offer to visit Hawaii, say yes as quickly as possible!

From the lanai of our bungalow...our first morning...

Thumbnail by duckmother
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I did get an invitation for this summer but I turned it down! My son and family are going for 2 weeks (they've been a number of times) and invited me to go with them. Didn't feel I needed to be gone that long and getting me back to an airport could be a problem. So I'll just listen to your adventures and look at your photos! I have been to Hawaii before but it was a long time ago.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

That sure looks beautiful Kim! very relaxing indeed!

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

I am coming girls, the stork is bringing me along and I am bringing a special door prize!!!!
:)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Can't wait!!!

:).

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, no! I will miss meeting Clemen! :D Well, you ladies have fun!!

Marilyn.....maybe lol

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, Clem. One day when I win the lottery, I will buy a private jet and send it to pick you up and fly you down here for our get-togethers. :) In the meantime, you need to practice your Southern accent so you will be able to understand us when we speak. ROFL

Ha ha Marilyn, that wish a out winning the lotto, well hey you never know.

Btw, I am familiar with y'all accent. Remember that I went to highschool in Dallas?

Those were good times!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey, girl, you have that "y'all" down pat!! Way to go!! :)

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Hey y'all!! I AM Coming!!!!! I'll bring something that I can bake, I've been wanting to bake for awhile and haven't had anyone to bake for!! I'm not going to be able to do the door prizes though. BUT I will be there!!!

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I posted this on Facebook but thought I would also post here. I'm not going to be there today. I woke up this morning with a fever and don't want to infect anyone. Will miss seeing everyone

Loretta

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Loretta we're going to miss you!!! Hope you are better soon!

Missed ya, Loretta. I hope you feeling better.

As usual, I ate way too much but had lots of fun doing so! Thanks for having us, Charlotte. I took a few pix with my phone, I will try to post this evening after work. I did not take many as I was too busy eating! LOL

Sandy and I plan on going to Dian's March...29?...whenever open house is.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sarah and I plan to go to Dian's also. Think it is the 23rd! I took no pictures!

Loretta hope you are feeling better! We missed you!

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I missed seeing everyone and I'm feeling a little better. I plan on being at Dian's also

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

It is the 23rd

I have pictures but I've been too busy at work to come on here and post! Let me see what I can do here.....

Picture #1 Dave's Garden Luncheon at Charlotte's, 3-9-13, left to right, Sandy is sitting, Amber (KA's daughter) is behind Sandy, Kim's back is to me showing off her t-shirt that is probably from Hawaii, KA is letting Kim have it for not taking her to Hawaii and getting one of those cool t-shirts, and Sarah is wondering why she didn't get to go either and is plotting....

Picture #2 Our lovely hostess, Charlotte

Picture #3 Door Prizes!!!

Picture #4 Sandy's cool flower pot!!

Picture #5 No Sandy the pot doesn't go on your head!!

Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr

In this set,
Picture #1 Kim Duckmother with a turtle t-shirt on!

Picture #2 KA got Bunnies!!!

Picture #3 Sarah's outdoor hanging pot.

Picture #4 Oh look how happy she is about that little butterfly pot!!!

Picture #5 Sarah's butterfly pot!

Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr

Picture #1 Kim's cutie bee!

Picture #2 HHMMMMM More stuff......

Picture #3 Awesome! A solar powered butterfly! Kim what does it do?

Picture #4 AND Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla!!

Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr

Picture #1 Amber is showing off her shell necklace from Hawaii, and...

Picture #2 A turtle birdbath!

Picture #3 I was too slow with the camera for this one, maybe I need to quit hitting the Bourbon, but Charlotte got a ladybug, a solar powered dragonfly, and a bottle of Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla!

That's all the pics that I got.

Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr Thumbnail by crissyr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.