A little modification needed

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I was peeking into this new feature just now. I wanted to see images under zone 10. The thumbnails opened. I chose one image and clicked on it to see it enlarged. After this step, I wanted to go back to the thumbnail page from where I came from, so that I can choose another image. When I clicked on the 'back' button, it took me back to the main page instead of the thumbnail page. I think this can be modified. What do you say?

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Dinu,
Don't use the back button use the x with a circle around it in the top right hand corner of the photo. That should close out the photo and take you back to the thumbnails.

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Sorry, there is no circle around the X.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I must have failed to notice it. Will look in now, thanks Seedfork.

Davenport, WA(Zone 6a)

Hi Dinu
:^)
Here's an easy way to open any new link (photo or page) from a website and get back to the last page quickly (also allows for quicker loading of the new page, I've noticed).

Instead of clicking the left button on your mouse, RIGHT-click the photo (or page link) you want to open. You'll get a drop-down menu that will include a choice to "open link in new window". Click that choice. It'll open the new link into a NEW window (leaving your old window still on your desktop just as it is).

Then when you want to get back to the old page, just CLOSE OUT the new window (however your browser allows you to do this; I just click the "X" in the extreme upper right corner of the new window) and you will return to the old window you started from. It will be exactly as you left it, since you never really left it (or moved forward from it) .... just opened a second window outside of it.

You can do this as many times as you want to, by the way .... in case you want to keep pictures of more than one thing open while browsing your original page, for example.

:^)

Anyway - give it a try

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Hi upnorth2,

Many thanks for the explanation. I knew this feature, but have forgotten do use it umpteen times! That was also among that. I have used this a few times, but it has not stuck in my mind and that is why I forget. Now, your response could remind me of this in such a case in future.

I feel so shy now! Knowing and not doing it and then oooow [palm on forehead], I knew this!

Beset wishes from Dinu..... half way round the earth, to upnorth.

:~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.