which one do you prefer - arabella or petit faucon and why?

Aberdeen, SD

I already have Arabella and love her upward facing flowers. I would like another next to her but in a darker purple preferably upward facing but not a deal breaker if it doesn't. Saw Petit Faucon and thought maybe that would be a good choice or Fascination from Klehms. Was wondering if anyone has either or knows of another one.

This message was edited Jan 22, 2013 3:56 PM

Athens, PA

Anna

I have Fascination and love it. Have not tried Petite Faucon, but I am sure that is gorgeous too. Both love to scramble through the gardens.

Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi, I have plants of both Arabella and Petite Fuacon. I find Arabella blooms a good deal longer longer for me, more and I love the color! I like the compact nature of Petite Faucon and its flowers display somewhat like cyclemen, looking good growing across a mulched bed. I am very fond of my combintion of Pillu and Arabella togther on the same four foot round toped trellis. I dont have any clematis pictures on this laptop or I would share! Best of luck to you. Lee McDonald

Aberdeen, SD

Lee, if you can post a pic sometime it would be great to see what they look like together. Carolyn do you have any pics of fascination in your garden? Want mine to scramble around the edges of my pond. This is a picture of Arabella next to my pond. She sure does bloom a long time .

Thumbnail by annakins
(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Daniel Deronda is definitely a darker purple and is a long-bloomer for me. Keeps it's rich purple color and very floriferous. My favorite clem, highly recommend!

Aberdeen, SD

Oh yes, I agree. I have Daniel also and love how purple he is. I was thinking I would like to have the smaller flowering ones for around the pond. Probably should have said that first. My bad. Sorry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.