I need to know how to help my friend that is stopping chemo

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

My closest and dearest friend had decided that she just can't handle any further chemo treatments. She was diagnosed 3 years ago with Ovarian cancer and was just getting ready to do another round of chemo. She has decided that quality vs quantity is best now. I totally understand her choice as it has just been so difficult for her. The Chemo has sort of kept it from getting worse but it is not in remission at all. She is just my best and dearest friend and I want to be there and help her do this with dignity but I also just don't want to watch her die. I am selfish in my thoughts as I just don't want to let her go and if I could force her I would to keep going with the chemo but on the other hand I can see what it is doing to her physically as well as mentally.
How do I help her with this. I can use any advise you can offer.
I watched and cared for my mother when she was dying in our home. I held her when she took her last breath but I just don't know if I can do this again.
Thanks for your help and suggestions

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!