Pond with old fencing, and hand-rail pipe fountain.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This pond is a 300 gallon black PVC stock tank from Tractor supply. It was started in february 2010. (first picture)
The fencing concealing the Black plastic was given to me by my neighbor Ruth right after we bought the house, and the galvanized pipe fountain spout was made from the old hand-rail that I changed on my back door. The netting is old shade cloth that was torn. I painted it so that it kind of looked like old fish nets. The rope was from an old swing hanging from an oak tree out back from some past owner. The bird is hardwood and I found it at a Thrift store.

Time elapsed, and the 2nd picture is 5 months later July 2010.
The 3rd and 4th picture is 1 year later April and May 2011 and the last picture is now.

I think this is a good example of less is more. The Now picture seems a tad overgrown and I will need to tame it a lot before next spring! It was more attractive in its tidier days, but the crayfish probably like it better now! They climb out and sit on the vines growing in the built in grow ring and water overflow ring around the top on occasion. When I feed the mosquito fish they skitter up to the top of the pondgrasses to snap up the fishfood...

This message was edited Jan 18, 2013 11:55 AM

This message was edited Jan 19, 2013 9:00 AM

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!