Gerberara 'Snow Ballet'

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi folks,I'm looking for a plant called Gerberara 'Snow Ballet' for my sister..Anyone know where I can buy one?

Thanks Jan

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi, Jan. The Gerberara Snow Ballet will not be easy to find unless you know a grower willing to provide a division. The hybrid was made by H&R in the late 1990's and they have not remade the cross. A grower friend who had the orchid tells me he tried to make a cross but could not get a pod. Since his business relies on hybridizing he got rid of his Gerberara Snow Ballet specimens.

I believe Hawk and Carol have the orchid. Maybe they know a grower with a division available.

Odessa, FL(Zone 9b)

I bow to Carol, queen of the Gerberaras. She was kind enough to slice off a piece of hers and send it to me a couple of years ago. Mine is now doing wonderfully.

Jim

This message was edited Jan 15, 2013 9:34 PM

Thumbnail by hawkarica
Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

I bought mine at a show years ago, and have never seen one since. It grows like a weed, so I've passed around many divisions, but I don't have any at the moment. The mother plant is hopefully recovering from too much cold and rain in Dec., so I won't have any divisions any time soon. It seems to me I saw one listed on e-bay a while back, so you might check there.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

I've had it on my saved searches list on ebay for awhile...nothing

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I never realized this orchid was so in demand. Pretty soon, you'll all have me convinced I want one! They are pretty, though. I would keep an eye on eBay like MJ; everything seems to turn up there sooner or later.

Melanie

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks everyone for the info.I appreciate it.

Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.