Blooming Cattleya

Orlando, FL(Zone 10a)

My first Cattleya has produced her first blooms! Just bragging to anyone and everyone who will listen. I raised this one from a tiny baby purchased in a net bag at Home Depot. Started out in a pot but then mounted it. I'm thrilled! (and either I've lost the tag or it's in the bottom of that big basket that I'll get to someday...but I don't care...it's blooming!)

Thumbnail by CatladyDane
Odessa, FL(Zone 9b)

That's a beauty, Catlady. Congratulations.

Jim

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

The colors remind me of a sunset. Very nice!

Melanie

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Love those sunset colors! You should be proud!

Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Excellent

north coast nsw, Australia

Congratulations!

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

Lovely colors, for sure! Good growing.

Do you have it growing outdoors, or did you take it outside for the picture?

Orlando, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you all for your compliments!

I keep my orchids on the screened porch most of the time, where they get a bit of morning sun and filtered light all day, but when rain is expected I take them out and hang them on that structure. I'll leave them out for a few days if the weather is mild, but the summer sun can be too much even with the vines that provide some shade canopy.

And I'm running out of space for more plants!!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Please continue to post your orchids but come on over to the monthly thread where we showw off with photos. You will have a captive audience who will "ohh" and "ahh" over your 'chids.

My solution to running out of space was to grow smaller orchids. It's like Honey I Shrunk The Plants in my little space. Of course I've had to make space for a magnifying glass in a holder to enjoy some of my flowers.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Here is one in full bloom, Blc. (now Rlc.) 'Emerald Isle'. Sadly, while taking the plant for a show-and-tell presentation at a local garden club, two of its three buds were knocked off. But the one remaining bud produced a nice, fragrant flower. The other two pics are of the Blc. 'King's Ransom' x Blc. 'Chartreuse' (again, you may see if Rlc.). The first pic was taken on 2/18/12 (in flower) and the other on 2/21/13 (with four buds). This will be the third year for both to bloom, though the 'Emerald Isle' is normally a September-October bloomer.

Thumbnail by drdawg43 Thumbnail by drdawg43 Thumbnail by drdawg43
north coast nsw, Australia

very pretty! love them

Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

Very nice. Get them over to the monthly thread as Laurel said and let a lot of us enjoy them

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.