Help with string doll needed

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

Hello all you crafty folks!

My son has a varua spirit doll, given to him by his sister. These little dolls hang off keychains, etc.. He has his hanging off his computer satchel, and is afraid it will unravel.

As you can see, they are totally made of string. His has some looser strings around the head, they are already loosening a little bit. He was going to water down some elmer's glue and gently brush the doll with it, to hopefully get the strings to stay in place. I suggested maybe spraying it with a spray glue, but DH thought it might not dry all the way, and would be sticky.

Does anyone have any ideas? The little thing is cute, and near & dear to his heart. The image attached is not the same doll he has (I couldn't find one online) but you can get the idea of how they are made.

Thanks in advance ~ Julie

This message was edited Jan 11, 2013 2:48 PM

Thumbnail by smileymom343
This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!