2013 SPRING PLANT SWAP IN THE PARK

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Well Its time to start Planning our Day in the park .

As Many of you Know it is always Help On the 1st Saturday of JUNE & Will Be this year also .
I Usually start Potting up Plant is Arpil :)

Here is all you NEED TO REMEMBER

PLACE : FREEPORT PARK FREEPORT MI VERY EASY TO FIND IF YOU NEED DIRECTIONS
CONTACT ME . OR USE MAP QUEST .

TIME:10: AM--12 PM :::::: SIGN IN & SET UP
PLENTY OF TABLES JUST BRING A PLASTIC TABLE CLOTH TO SET YOUR PLANTS
ON PLEASE .

THERE WILL BE A LUNCHEON FROM 12OO -12:30 PM & CHAT

ROUND ROBIN STARTS AT 12:30 PM TILL ALL PLANTS FIND A GOOD HOME .

PLEASE BRING A WRAPPED GARDENING IN A BROWN PAPER BAG WITH YOUR NAME ON IT
GIFT 'S WILL BE A GIFT EXCHANGE .

THERE WILL ALSO BE OTHER PRIZES GIVEN AWAY .

ALL PLANTS SHOULD BE POTTED IN 4 INCH & LARGER POTS MARKED WITH AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE.

FEEL FREE TO LET US KNOW IF YOUR LOOKING FOR ANY SPECIAL PLANTS SUCH AS HOSTAS, LILIES, ECHINACEA, TREES, VEGGIES , GROUND COVERS , ECT .

HOPE YOU WILL STOP IN HERE & CHAT WITH US .

CAN HARDLY WAIT TILL SPRING
CALL ME @ 269-945-4323 LEAVE MESSAGE I WILL CALL YOU BACK WHEN I GET INTO THE HOUSE .
SUSIE

Thumbnail by deejay9
Grand Rapids, MI

Woo Hoo!!!

AHoogstra and I are sitting here looking at seeds and getting excited :-)

Hope you are having a good winter break Suzie Q!!!

SBS

GM I Hope to have lots of New to share also :) Will you Please have alacia call me I have tried to call her & It says Not in service . I really need to talk to her.

I Have an apt up at METRO Thurs 1.20 pm wish i could meet up with you gals one day to chat . Maybe you 2 can come visit me one sat Or Sun :))) Please call me :)

Off to my workout chat soon

Cutlerville, MI

I am SO excited to see my friend Suzie soon! I am also excited for this swap....I hear it's awesome. Anyone poting any wants or haves? Have a great afternoon!
Ahoogstra

Cutlerville, MI

I would love clematis, glads, Dahlia's, any ground covers and hardy succulents. I will love anything:)

hope to see ya sunday :) have lots to plan :))) for spring swap

I'm Going to want LOADS Of Hostas we are working on our woodland garden so will need Shade plants
so Coralbells columbines, Bleeding hearts, Whatever ya have :)))
alicia if weather is good hope ya can make it sunday :)

Saginaw, MI

SSSOOOOO BUMMED OUT!!!! Can't come to this plant swap either :(

My nephew is getting married the first Saturday in June.

ONE of these days I WILL make it to meet Susie!!! Something HAS to work out somewhere along the line RIGHT??????

Oh Shirley Tell him he can get married late in the evening you cna still come join us & Be home in time for the wedding :) HEHE SHELBELLY Knows How this can happen Right shel ??? .

My Garden Doors are always open to my gardens & any time you can make it we would love to meet you :)
We always have Plants to share :)

Sunny Very very Cold Wind has Died down waiting to see if Alicia Will make it down today Guess I better get my House straighten up :) I Have Seed trays & Light stand all around here . so ya all have a great day .
susie

Saginaw, MI

OOHHH Susie you can't imagine how bad I want to go to your plant swap!!!

Did you get any snow your way last night??? Or any of the thunder / lightening / & rain????Sun is out here too , but very deceiving when looking out the window!! WINDY & COLD out !!! Not much snow but layer of "crunch" on top because of the rain that was mixed in!! Lightening was actually kinda cool--lit up whole sky!!!

Hope Alicia can make it to see you today--tell her I (another Daves Garden "crazy") said "Hello" and enjoy your visit!!!

got the floor mopped up from the soil ;) Golly could have sprouted seeds right there :)
We Just got the very hard winds & A Scant of snow No Rain that I Know of didn't see any when i got up at 2 am . but it is very very cold :) Have to go out & water my
Molly duck , yes i hope alicia can make it .

well back later .

Cutlerville, MI

Hey Susie, sorry I couldn't make it Sunday, what do you think about this weekend? I am so excited to see you and I have SO much fun helping you plan for swaps. Talk to you soon!

Grand Rapids, MI

Sorry Suzie, just saw your message about appt. at metro. Let us know next time you are around! Alicia is probably counting helping out for her MG hours :-)

Grand Rapids, MI

Last year a gal had a huge selection of Daliah tubers... They were the highlight of my garden last year!!! I hope you will be back this year? Let us know if there is anything you would like in return!

That is my friend pat here in hastings she has 1000's + Bulbs that she sells very cheap if you want here email she can give you the prices I Don't know if she will make it to the swap this year for she sells on sat at the farmers market but will ask her as time gets closer .

well guess another week went by :( No Alicia weather not good I Know so we will have better days .
soon ya all behave see ya soon . or call me when ya get time always here

Grand Rapids, MI

Yes I would love her email. I know Alicia wasn't feeling well last week :-( she is stopping by tonight, I will let her know you are thinking of her :-)

Shell we need to also get in touch with kris & Leann & let them know so they can plan on being there .

Cutlerville, MI

Hey everyone;
Sorry not going to make it to the swap. I hope everyone has a wonderful time! I love seeing how beautiful my garden looks after a good swap:)

Cutlerville, MI

Yahoooooooo! My dad isn't getting re-married after all:) OK so I would much rather be at the Spring swap than his wedding......I'm not a bad daughter...just a bit more responsable the he, and they just aren't right.....anyway..I now can come to the swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 So HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!

good to hear

THIS PLANT SWAP IS ONLY ONLINE WE SHARE BOXES OF PLANTS WITH OTHERS .

NEW SPRING PLANT SWAP COME CHECK US OUT :) IF YOU HAVE OTHER FORUMS YOU LIKE TO SHARE THIS LINK PLEASE DO SO . TY
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302498/

HEY EV1 SORRY FOR BEING AWAY FROM THIS > Just had much to deal with lately . just know that this will be another great year for the swap & Hope to be able to meet you all . if you have questions feel free to dmail me or call .

WELL ALMOST TIME FOR OUR PLANT EXCHANGE PLEASE COME JOIN US .

RAIN OR SHINE CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED MORE INFO .

Just wanted to let you all know There is still a Swap RAIN OR SHINE I Will be at the Park Between 9:30-10 am
to get the Tables set up as you can see we will have lots of cover.
OK Just Talked to one of my Helpers IN FREEPORT All Is a go Bathrooms Open Electric will be on if need to keep any food HOT.
Possible chance of shower in early am but clearing off in time for the EXCHANGE So Please Come & ENJOY THE FUN WITH US . Don't forget the gift exchange , & Dish to pass , Bring Eating UTENSILS Please .

any questions please call me

what a great time we all had
few pic's

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

few more some of the gifts that were exchanged last is from my sister for i took her Brown paper bag :) hehe
erna recieved a gardening book & knee pad & Lorraine my sister # 4 picked one of my door prize gifts
pic #2 is of our fancy Pool of Food many salads & dips cakes cookies

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Here we have alicia with my Niece Nickie the two of them got each others gift in the exchange ,
arlene with our exchange gift from me Glass vase with a pride of gibraltar that i grew from seeds out of the seeds swap.
& my Neighbor Bob took all my Plants over to the park with his trailer for me .

diane from daves with her plants our food table today sister lorraine with daughter & wanda & GD Marlie
& Diane with her exchange gift

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

We all had just a wonderful turn out so so so many plants sorry it was a little dark under the privilian to take good pictures next year better camera I Hope there are more pictures but i have got to lay back its been a very long day .

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for all the pictures Susie! Looks like it was a good turn out!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Wow Susie! What a fun day! Looks like everyone had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics!

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Looks like a great day! Wish I could have been there... Where are you in the pics, Susie?

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Pool of food, might have to steal that great idea. Going to get my sign up today letting the locals know our plant swap will be on June 12th. The more the merrier.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Nice Mittsy I Had everyone Bring a Gardening gift In A Brown Paper Bag dish to pass or snack ,
I took my pool filled with water food & Ice had plenty of for all even all the kids had a great time helping .
sorry i was just so tired & Legs were hurting so i didn't get all the pictures . here is a few more .
I'm the one in the red at end of table reaching for food :))

Here is a few more #1 sister with nickie & wanda her DD's Then ME ME ME ME with my tables & Gifts :)
it was a wonderful time & everyone is talking about next year . it is always held 1st SATURDAY Of JUNE this was our 6th year . well I Need to go read my forums & Today I Plan to get my House in order . back later

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh my gracious, what a fabulous turnout and look at all those plants lining the tables. I definitely see the resemblance of you and your sisters, Susie. You are prettier than ever and are such a fine person I love and admire so much. How I envy your super organizational skills too.

Be proud of your hard work and the dedication it takes for you to have a swap like this for so many years.

One of these days.....I sure would love to meet you and so many others :)

well How about chatting with a couple gals down your way to come for the weekend I Can take care of room & board for you all Just the cost of gas to get here My Nephew who was here today said it is a 12-14 hr dr for him to come home . he was stationed in Va not sure where . but now he is at the penagon working .
this was do Much fun this year & Lorraine is my Baby sister. & Thank for the Kind words :) Just remember to Mark your Calendar we always have the swap the 1st SATURDAY OF JUNE & I Think it is the 7th of June Next yr 2014 you may have to rent a u-haul going home :)))

Just start Planning Now :)))

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

I just realized that I missed your swap and also where Hastings is compared to where I live Owosso and it isn't that much of a drive you are just south of Grand Rapids and I would just take I-69 to Grand Ledge and then straight over to Hastings.
I want to plan on it next year and I have plants that I will plan on bringing especially some Hellebore seedlings that are getting big and need to be transplanted.
Too bad you don't plan a fall swap that would be cool.
Jan

Yes Jan you are just a Hop & Skip from us about 1hr away from us if that . I Have tried fall swaps & People say they will be there then something else happens & They don't show So now I Only do the spring swap . But Mark it in a safe PLACE THAT Our Swap is always HELD THE 1ST SATURDAY OF JUNE EACH YEAR I Start potting up may Plants in the fall
for the spring swaps That way they Look fresh & Other swappers will also be able to enjoy the Blooms .

So if you was to pot up the Hellebore this fall they will be perfect for the swap :) & If you can send me your email I will send you a reminder in the spring in case you don't check into daves , I Always post here .

but jan your welcome to stop by When your over this way alway love to meet other gardeners :)

Owosso, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Susie I may take you up on that some day and yes I will send you my e-mail too.
Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.