January 10th, 2013: Clematis 'Mayleen' (Clematis montana) by saya

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

The Bloom of the Day for January 10th, 2013 was Clematis 'Mayleen' (Clematis montana).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2013-01-10

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Beautiful. I'd love to have one but I understand they are huge (I already have Grandiflora) and I doubt it would have sufficient support for the spot where I'd want it to grow.

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

Thought of you when I choose this one. Clematis are another of my 'favorites' and this one seems extra beautiful.

Thanks. We were just writing about this one on the Clematis Forum so it's very timely.

Maybe I'll go out now and see if I can fit it in against the shed (aka - here comes trouble).

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

What's so wonderful of Mayleen is its vanilla scent..I love it.

Pirl, I have it growing on a wall now that is'nt so big (9ft x 6ft) also. The space might be a little taller for it, but I find it not rampant and very easy to control. After flowering during the season I trim it a bit to keep it tidy. It keeps reblooming a little after the first flush in may.

Saya

Thank you, Saya. I discovered a spot devoid of clematises so Mayleen may fill that spot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.