Midsouth Round Up SIGN UP & CHAT THREAD

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Hey everybody, This thread is a little early, but it will give us a chance to talk about things before the big RU

RU is at 374 Dripping springs Rd. Judsonia Arkansas on June 1st Saturday, all day. We'll have tables set up like last time in the shop for trading and bring your extras. I'll have a few local friends here that would love anything extra you might want to give away. Remember, We had a huge amount of extras last time and Nothing went to waste!!!

This is the sign up thread and Chat Thread!! I'll post the other threads soon.

those attending so far
Charlotte
Kim
Sandy
Loretta
Kenny
Jim
Marilyn & Al
Cindy
Sharron & max. Not sure
Trish
busybee & Lisa.havent heard if Mary is coming
Terrye
Sandra
Sheila

This message was edited Jan 26, 2013 8:47 PM

This message was edited Feb 3, 2013 7:37 PM

This message was edited Feb 13, 2013 7:21 PM

This message was edited May 5, 2013 7:30 PM

This message was edited May 29, 2013 9:26 PM

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I will be there! Most likely Sandy will be, too ;o)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I will be there!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Mary & I are gonna try.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

How is Mary? I haven't heard you say much about her lately.

Olive Branch, MS

If possible we will be there.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I will be there :)

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Mary is doing good. She is still not adjusted to her dentures and refuses to wear the bottom one at all. You would think not being able to eat she would lose weight. NOT!!! If anything I think she has gained. She had gotten to where she could hardly walk b/c the chemo or old age one made the padding in her knee disappear completely but TG!!! she was able to go thru LSU Medical and get some kind of shot that put the cushioning back and it seems to be helping. The Dr. told her it would be a lot better if she would loose weight for her knees and her back.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad to hear Mary is doing good! If she would wear the bottom denture she would probably get used to it. Richard a bridge put in and had a really hard time getting used to it. It didn't wear if much at all to begin with and finally started wearing more and now he never takes it.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

For some reason her bottom teeth won't stay in. She had some problem right after they pulled her teeth and the dentist had to go back in and break some build up off the bone. I don't know if that messed everything up but since then she has had a problem.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I am planning on being there! :)

Sorry to hear about Mary's problems with her teeth. Al got some new dentures this past summer and he had to go back several times before the dentist got them to fit without hurting. They seem to be working ok for him now.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Marking this spot and I sure hope to be there!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Me too..... can't say for sure yet, but trying to plan on it.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann, you had said elsewhere (on FB, I think) that you had room for a couple of travel trailers on your place. Our fifth wheel is 32 feet long--would you have room for it? If not, do you know a place we could park it in the Searcy area? Al says he would like to come and spend a few days traveling in Arkansas so I suggested we go up to Petit Jean when we leave your place. He has never been there.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yes, you can pull directly behind the shop, and we can hook you up to electric and water back there, no sewer , but you will have electric and water. If your electric cord isn't long enough to reach, we have electrical wire, rigged up just for that purpose.. I do have an extra septic tank that we once had a camper hooked to, but it's too far away from electric and water hook ups . When time gets closer, I'll talk to Danny about exactly where to put your camper, our shop has 3 huge doors, so you can park all the way on the other side and still hook up to water and electric. There's actually enough room for 2 campers one on each corner of the shop and still not be in the way of the big door in the back.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

That sounds great, Kathy Ann! Thanks! Al has several heavy duty outdoor extension cords so we should be okay with the electric.
I'm starting to get excited--somebody hold me down!! ROFL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm not holding you down!! go for the gusto, scream to the world!! ha ha.

Ya'll have a great day!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Mary just back from her Dr. and her CA-125 test has gone up to 301 since August. She isn't very happy right now. She has to meet with a surgeon soon and find out what they are gonna do.
Please remember her in pray!!! She will be a basket case by the time she meets with the next Dr.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I have no idea what kind of foods we should request. I haven't thought much about it, but maybe we should talk about it. hint Hint!! lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Well you know this group!! Anything and everything sounds good and will be eaten!!! Except of course for Kim and her green stuff!! LOL Gosh I may do something really different and make and old fashion meringue pie!! Plenty of time to sike myself up for it!

Ripley, MS

I would like to come too, but it will have to be closer to time to make any decisions. Poor Mary has really had her share of problems

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes but TG she is alive to have more problems. When they told me she had stage 4 ovarian cancer I had to leave b/c I just knew she was a goner but that was been about 4 or 5 yrs. now.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Jeri, what does that CA-125 indicate? does that mean that the cancer is back?

Kathy, Jessica said the next time we have a get together she wants you to make a coconut cheesecake....??? I think that was the one she saw on your pinterest page that she wanted to try! I will have to ask her which one again! LOL.......
Is everyone planning to spend the night or what??

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Not always, Genna. It could be that she had had an infection (cold, UTI, etc.)between test. That throws everything off.

If we get to come, we'll spend the night somewhere. If Jim is with me, we'll bring the RV.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Post that link here so I'll know which one for sure , Genna.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

If all doesn't fall apart I am coming. I will spend the night somewhere. Probably 2 nights.

Ripley, MS

Hi, Cindy, maybe we can work it out this time !

I have a recipe for a coconut cheesecake that a friend makes and it is absolutely delicious. If anyone wants me to post it, let me know. If I get to come, I can make it, and if not, can at least post the recipe for someone else to make.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Kathy, she said it was the raspberry coconut that you have on pinterest..... of course I know you have a LOT pinned on there! :) Have you ever made that one? She likes raspberries and thought the combo sounded good....I am not crazy about raspberry so I wouldn't let her try it a several days ago when she made a cheesecake! LOL

Edited to say that I LOVE coconut though! :)

This message was edited Jan 16, 2013 4:04 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

This would be the one then?
http://pinterest.com/pin/63191200992914537/

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

it does look good!!! Well, when you both promise you'll be there, I'll make it ha ha.

Little Rock, AR

I plan to come too! Haven't been on DG for a while.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL.... that is it Kathy. I have learned that a good friend of ours is getting married that day! :( He is a young man that graduated with Alex. He told me months ago that the wedding date was June 1 - and I told him I could remember that because it was my Dad's bday, and I STILL forgot that was the wedding. The wedding is at 2:30 in HS..... I may just try to go to the shower in April and not attend the wedding. I will have to get closer to time and see what everyone else in the family is wanting to do. I didn't have a time until yesterday when I emailed his Mom and asked ... I had hoped it was evening so I could just do a lot of driving that day, but that isn't going to work. I haven't talked to Jessica about it yet - she might opt for us to just come to the plant swap especially if she knows there will be cheesecake! ^_^

I really want to come if everyone is going to be there since it has been so long since we were all together in one place!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Uhhh, Kathy Ann---I love cheesecake and coconut and raspberries!! Big grin here. :D but since I am a lazy cook and I don't own a stand mixer, I will most likely never make that cheesecake. For me, it is Lawler's frozen cheesecake.
LOL

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

I am backon DG and I am like Cindy ....unless all falls apart ...Max and I will be there. If thats OK ?? I have missed everyone ...lots to get caught up on

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Hey Sharon!!! Welcome back!! You have been missed!!!

Ripley, MS

Yeah! Good to see you Sharon !

Hey Sharon!! Welcome back!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I haven't been here in a few days, hi Sharron!! would love to see you and Max!! Glad to see you back on dg. I'll go back up top and add sarah and you and take genna off. and I'll make that cheese cake just to spite her ha ha.

I think we'll just be doing finger foods for the RU instead of a main dish . this way we can snack as we go so to speak. I know, we do that anyway lol

Of course, that cheese cake isn't finger foods lol

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I just created the event on FB feel free to invite anybody who is not there yet! I might have forgotten a few.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.