S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I've had an iPhone for a couple of months and have a few apps, but that's it. What are some of your favorites?

I have a flashlight app that I use when walking in the morning. Easier to carry than a flashlight, but takes longer to turn on when needed.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Weather Channel, Tweetbot for Twitter, ESPN, banking apps.

XM and Pandora for music.

Quite a few hiking / walking apps - i.walk, GoPedometer, EveryTrailPro, PDF Maps, Topo Maps among them.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i can be of no help - my phone is a 10 yr. old samsung

Rotary, Bill?? ^_^

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

no - screen is a robust 1" x 1" though :)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

No help here either I still have a flip phone

Cutting edge, Bill!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Flip phone here, too.

Thanks Victor, I'll check out some of those.

And I thought I was late getting into the new phones!

If you like sky maps/guides (I do!), Star Walk and Distant Suns are great.

Depending on your cable provider, you can usually get their app to control the dvr and check guides, etc. I have the one for FIOS.

Many very good medical apps, Deb. I suggest you browse the App Store for them.

Thanks Victor

Thomaston, CT

Flip phone here, but today my 4 year old grandson was showing me apps on his Smart Phone....hello?

Hee hee! That's a bit much...

Thomaston, CT

I thought so....apparently the 3 kids share the phone....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh geez...

Thomaston, CT

I can only say that my son was not raised like that.....mother-in-laws have to have sealed lips!

I have no clue what you people are talking about. What is an App?

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

One of my favorite apps is called SoundHound. If you're ever watching TV or out shopping and you hear a song that you like but don't know the name of, you just click on the app and it will listen for a few seconds and then tell you the name of the song and who sings it.

I'm still waiting for a Dave's Garden App but I'm not going to hold my breath!

Yes, I have Sound Hound. Very cool.

Oh cool, I usually try to remember the words and google them.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sherrie, Apps on an Iphone

Or any smartphone.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my favs are grocery pal, savings star, Michael's stores, sit or squat (clean bathroom app), amazon, ebay, scanlife, the hess app came in handy with the fuel shortage & power outage.. they listed when the fuel was delivered and how much.. can't forget dropbox.. nice file sharing one

I shop at Michaels and I'll have to look up sit n squat!

I have had sit or squat for years!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Dropbox is a great app/idea especially if you are a person that works on different computers or devices in different places. I'm constantly adding files while at work so I can access them at home and vice versa and the few times when I've needed a file while I wasn't at work or home it's been a life-saver.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the one thing I found with drop box.. if you drag & drop a file.. it won't copy it.. it moves the original one and does not leave the 1st file there.. you need to copy & paste if you want a backup copy on your computer.. pretty annoying actually

Have Dropbox but have not used it much. Evernote is another great one.

For travel, TripAdvisor, Kayak, Tripit are all very good.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I have a lot of favorites, but sure do wish Daves Garden would get up with the times and do an ipad/ tablet app.

For travel I like Inrix Traffic to see trouble spots ahead on interstates; Around Me to find coffee and restaurants and neat places to see in unfamiliar areas; Rest Area Finder for the obvious reason; Yelp for restaurants etc, Trip Advisor for hotels and restaurant reviews;

Dragon Dictation allows you to speak your email message instead of typing it, and then lets you review it for typos and send it to anyone without ever typing a word.

Directv app lets me record a show on my home tv from anywhere; TV Guide gives me a quick look at what's on, and it syncs to whatever service you have, including just a converter;

HPePrint lets you print from anywhere to your home printer;

IDocs HD free lets you print from Google Docs;

Spider solitaire comes in handy waiting in a doctor's office.

Weather Live is my fav weather app, but I have the other main ones too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.