Just ordered Streptocarpus !!!

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

The addiction was dormant for a bit but once the plants started blooming again so did the addiction. From the gesneriad family I grow mainly African violets. Gave Sinningias a try and ended up with just one left even though I really love those. I just got some Episcia stolons from another member.. Thank you very much !!! Now I just purchased some Streptocarpus because I love the flowers on those. So the addiction grows...LOL. Here is what I purchased.
Streptocarpus Bristol's Black Cherry
Streptocarpus Neil's Getcha
Streptocarpus Harlequin Blue
Streptocarpus Fernwood's Morning Sunrise
Streptocarpus Neil's Minnehaha (New)
Streptocarpus Nerys
Streptocarpus Dibley's Alissa
Streptocarpus Neil's Detroit

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Congrats! Enjoy your new babies when they arrive!
I am waiting on a few myself!
Please share some photos when you get them or when they bloom!

Karen

Williston, ND

between yesterday and today,i got over 20 streps,one was one of my hybrids,and some others i really have enjoyed,i think my strep addiction is back,i got mine from linda rowe,nice plants,i also have gotten some from neils streps,which is also pretty good,and around the same size,6 bucks you cant go wrong
JIM

Which one is your original hybrid Jim?

Karen

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

WOW !!! Talk about addiction....LOL. I've never tried these guys that's why I didn't get so many but if they do well for me I'll be getting some more. I got them from Neils Streps too. Will have to check out the other vendor. I too would like to know which one was your hybrid?? Looking forward to your pictures as well. Feel free to post them here both of you Karen and Jim when your plants arrive.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Great selection Rolando!
Jim has several hybrids to his credit and they are beautiful.Watch that addiction Jim LOL!
Lynn

I knew he had done episcia but I didn't know about the streps!
Must have been during my long "dry season"!
Do tell!

Karen

Williston, ND

no im not the jim that did the episicas( but maybe someday ill have a few
but i did most of the royal streps,royal wedding isnt mine but the others are
thanks for the compliment,some maybe coming in the future

JIM

Williston, ND

Royal knight is mine,so is royal trina,so is royal hope,and royal eyelashes,you can get a couple from gary makita,(out of africa is his business name

thanks

JIM

ps i got back royal knight

Wow! That's great! I really never knew!
And yes, I did always think you were the "Episcia Jim"! LOL!
Congrats to you!

Karen

The picture does not do it justice,but this is Royal Savannah.

Thumbnail by lbrabec
Williston, ND

yes its one id like to find again too,

Jim,
I stopped doing Streps. (for awhile LOL),but I sent it to a few people.Maybe I can track it down.
Lynn

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

It's very cool that you did your own hybridizing !!! I would like to some day do hybrids of my own.

I may take the jump into hybridizing this Spring... maybe.... :)

Karen

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Talk about Spring fever LOL!!! Good selection of streps :) I stopped growing them too...but I am about to change my mind....maybe HA!! I received a couple of leaves and now have some babies. It's making me want to grow them again. I will see how these do for me first though.

Connie

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

So they arrived 2 days ago but I hadn't had a chance to take pictures and post them yet. They all look really happy and one of them even had a bud. It's Bristol's Black Cherry. Then I took a picture of the 3 lower shelves because I have no light on the top shelf. Need to figure out how to add a light.

Thumbnail by Roly0217 Thumbnail by Roly0217

Nice looking set up Roly! Congrats on your new babies!

Karen

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I've been thinking about buying a couple Streps, They have them most beautiful flowers on them.

Roly! You have some beautiful plants there!! Impressive.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I love the way you have them set up. On the picture that is sideways, where did you get those long trays at . The trays you have your Av's in. Do you have any water in the trays with the pebbles? I read somewhere on the net that adds humidity to the plants, I should really set mine up like that, I have wood heat and they dry out really fast. I like the way you have them all setting in trays, My trays are just the round clear plastic trays, and I don't have them sitting in them always. Have to move them to the water trays. I'd rather have square trays, I think It would waste less space on the shelf.

Very nice SEt up!!

Very cool Roly.I hang fixtures on the ceiling to light my top shelves.
Lynn

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I was about to buy another light and ask my husband to hang it from the ceiling, I want to be able to use all the shelves, even if I have to stand on a ladder to see the plants lol

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Thank you all for the compliments !!! It makes me feel good. I will be adding the lights from the ceiling or have my uncle create some type of stand.
Kathy I got the tray at Home Depot they come in 36" and 48" sizes in both beige and red/terracota colors. I have both colors. If you don't find any at your place contact me and I'll look at my Home Depot for you.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Home depot ha? well, I'll have to look the next time I go to Little Rock, we don't have one here in the town I live in, we do have a lowes though. Thanks for the help, are they called drip trays? in the garden department right?

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

It's in the gardening department. They are kept with all the pots and planters. They are supposed to sit under the window box type of planters and then the stone can be purchased there as well or at a fish store

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Ok so I've gone a little Streptocuckoo and got some more plants. They should be here sometime next week. Here is what I got this time.

Streptocarpus Purple Panda
Streptocarpus Neil's Masquerade
Streptocarpus Dibley's Seren
Streptocarpus Neil's Black Flash
Streptocarpus WOW
Streptocarpus Neil's Raleigh

You go Roly! You sure picked some pretty ones.
Lynn

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

They speak to me so I must get them !!!! And the blooms are really pretty according to what I've seen, can be kept inside and don't mind benign neglect. Soo many reasons why I should have them....LOL Plus I'm just plain nuts

You've got the bug Roly! Purple Panda is a non-stop bloomer for me! Seren is a beauty! You have some nice ones coming!

Welcome to our addiction!

Karen

Williston, ND

you hear them too?i thought it was just me lol

JIM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.