RU 2013 - I would like to Host!!

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Hello Gardeners,

It's been sometime since I've posted due to my little nursery is keeping me so busy these days! Way back in April of 2007 I hosted a RU and it was a great success with many DG'ers attending. Now I would like to host again and start planning for a FALL RU. I've talked about this for the last two years and it seem I just could never find the time. I'm going to make time because it was so much fun sharing with you all!!

Yes, I know it early but if I don't make plans now time will simple pass by. Since spring is my busy season and fall is when most of my plants are at their peak! I'm thinking sometime in October would be best for me and of course if there's anyone interested in coming too.

Those of you that attended in 2007, know I've got the room for a large crowd! I'll just need a few helpers to pull it all together. So I'll be popping in & out during the next few months and see if there's and interest. I sure do miss chatting with all my old garden buddies and look forward in making new ones here as well!

Please free feel to make comments and suggestions about a up & coming Fall RU. And if there's one in the spring I'll do my best to attend!

Happy Year New!!
Donna Vincent

Oh, for those of you who don't know me, I'm a backyard grower! I specialize in plants for the wildlife and have a large salvia collections. Mainly a mail order nursery but happy to have you visit by appointments. You can find Vincent Gardens at the Garden Watchdog for more info!

Hi Donna,
It's great to see you! I had a wonderful time at the RU when you hosted it and would love to come again. Maybe it will work out.
~Susan

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I would attend, count me in. Btw, the hot lips salvias are still blooming. Etelka

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Count me in too,, unless we are off on a trip. Will be glad to help too.
E

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

I'm not too far away, but would like to help.
Leslie

Grantville, GA

I'm new to this but heard they are loads of fun so count me in! I have recently moved to GA and am in the process of making lots of new gardening friends here!

Wonderful to hear yall are interested!! When July gets behind us we'll narrow down a date for the RU. Maybe mid September or early October. I am open for any suggestions from the group!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Donna!
I have found my way back to my garden LOL. After 2 years starting up a highschool girls Lacrosse team, it is time for my house and yard again I'm afraid. Have been cleaning up for last 4 weeks, working on last few yards in front. Am getting new sod put in next week too!
YES, I'm in for RU. Will probably stay overnight again.
Hope all is well.
Coby

Leesburg, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna

I''m definitely interested. After 21st of Sep, Early Oct sounds good to me. :)

Mad

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Forgive me but am new -what's an RU? Also what is the view of all the rain? Are our gardens better off with all the rain?

Hi memays,
A roundup is a BIG get together where we swap/trade plants with the group. Have lunch and tons of laughs and tips!! It's a great time to put names to faces with all you've been chatting with here at DG.

I'm sorry to say y'all that it looks like it will be next fall before I can host. Life has been keeping me on a merry go round these last few months and I just can't pull it all together in time.

So I'm going to mark and set a date now for 2014 calendar. Now no more thinking about it just plan it and see who will come!! Right!

October 11, 2014 - HOST Round Up in Douglas GA.

For those of you who do not know me, I'm Donna Vincent and I own and operate a small mail order nursery...my speciality is plants for the wildlife.
At the RU you'll be able to get some really cool plants as freebies!!

I pop in & out here on DG and wanting to be more active when time allows maybe during the winter I'll have a chance to chat with a few of you.

Happy Fall Everyone!!!
Donna Vincent

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.