(scooterbug) Shirley Sommers

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Shirley Sommers, known to us as scooterbug joined us on June 16,2003. She was active in many forums and had friends throughout the community.

Scooterbug was taken from us suddenly on the 18th of December and she will be greatly missed. From the 'Coffee' threads in the Parking Lot to animal advice in the Pets Forum, she was an active and vital part of the community and leaves many dear friends behind.

Thumbnail by melody
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

My prayer of condolence is offered to the family.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

My condolences to the family. I had received a rather terse and succinct dmail stating she had gone to see God,but it was unsigned and I was unable to establish any authenticity and was reluctant to comment beyond our Coffee thread in the event it was not a genuine message.

Havelock, Canada

Scooterbug has given me so many laughs over the years with her quick wit. Her involvement with her beautiful German Shepherds endeared her to me even more. She was always sending the cutest e-cards and thoughtful e-mails. She brightened the world and I will always remember her with a smile. Shine on Shirley. You were a beautiful lady inside and out.
I will miss you.

Love and Hugs
Elaine and Otis

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to her family. She will be missed.

Ann

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Sorry to hear Scoots has passed to the other side. I didn't have any idea she was sick, or was she? Was it sudden?

She will be missed.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

R.I.P. Scooterbug. You will be missed so much...............

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

So sorry to hear of Shirley's death. She will be greatly missed. I commented that she needed to check in more on the coffee...and thread, and she said that she was a confirmed lurker, but she would chime in with advice, or with a witty joke from time to time.

Condolences to her family.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Scoots how cherished my memories of you are. When I first joined dg I was so lucky to have met you.Go now in peace and get the prosperty one wants for across the rainbow bridge. We will miss you on this side.Ps while GS were never my breed you had beautiful ones and you did so well with them.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Does anyone know of a picture of Shirley that we can add to this memorial? If so, send it to Melody and she will add it.

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Oh I am so sorry....Shirley checked in on FB sometimes with her beautiful dogs too... we were connected in many ways. I hope she is enjoying her rewards and the greeting at the Rainbow Bridge!!!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I heard that it was a massive heart attack on the 18th.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

My sympathy to the family. She was fun and I always enjoyed her posts. There's a picture somewhere on DG of her on her cycle. I can't remember what forum it was on.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I was thinking about that image too, but couldn't find it.

This was on her facebook page.

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I think the cycle pic was on the nite owles thread

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Scooterbug posted this pic on our Pull Up a Chair thread on
November 22, 2012. She called the bike “Thunderpony”. I
didn't know her well but loved her sense of humor.

Thumbnail by june_nmexico

This message was edited Jan 4, 2013 11:52 AM

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Shirley and I had much correspondence after she moved to TN, mostly about changing her dogs' diet to RMB (raw meaty bones) where she saw much improvement in their health and well-being.

I remember that soon after that, she changed her own diet to Paleo, but it may not have been soon enough to eradicate existing heart damage, if indeed that was the cause of death.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

you're right darius, she doesn't look very old. What a shame. I do remember her sense of humor.

I have bumped in to Scooter over the years, great fun, what a loss, I am so sorry to hear that she has left us.
Condolences to her family and all who loved her. She will be missed.

chrissy

Lyndonville, NY

How odd, I found another SHirley Sommers Obit, from Tennesse that passed away on Dec. 24, 2012.....but was born in 1946.

is this the same person? I talked to Shirley about her pups and kitties quite often.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Melody, this is shocking to me.
Kris, Laura, you, Darius and Sandra are on her f/b friends and I'm seeing it now for this post here. The last posting there was on Dec.17. This is unfortunate she is no longer with us. She had sent me a book on Birds which will be more cherished now. May her soul rest in peace.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Screenshot of that f/b page.

Thumbnail by Dinu

Dinu, Good to see you, despite the occasion for your post.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I tried adding her as a friend, thinking a family member might be maintaining the account as so many do, so I could send her family condolences; her account wasn't set up to accept messages from people who weren't her friends there.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Someone has to bring in a family member of hers to notice this thread here at least, or alert them about the messages.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

http://dinusyarden.blogspot.in/2013/03/small-tribute-to-shirley.html

Finally I could come up with a small tribute to Shirley just now, in my blog. Linked above.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I am so sad to find this forum!!! RIP Shirley!!!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I too was so sad to hear about Shirley's death. She has been a friend for a long time. We corresponded a lot concerning her hoped for move to TN and afterward as she got settled in. We shared a love for German Shepherd dogs and she gave me much badly needed advice with our last two GS dogs that are now living in E TN with my granddaughter. I hadn't gotten any emails from her lately in reply to my inquiry and wondered what was wrong. I will remove her from my email list and my address book with sorrow as she will be sorely missed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.