HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS - Valentine Exchange

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Moved to new page
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1297449/

Signup is closed but the thread is still open.

As promised, I am going Host a Valentine Exchange.

It is going to have a theme of sorts which will allow you some leeway .

The Theme is

1. "HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS"

This is who I have so far. If you signed up and your name isn't on the list just holler at me, but not too loud please. Heheh

Gourdbeader

Mittsy

Rose318

Sbish5

Psychw2

Taters55

Morknotmindy

goldhillal

BarefootT-( fragrance allergies. No smelly stuff)

Happgarden

Mudelf

GardenQuail

If I have you on the list and you aren't suppose to be there you can tell me quietly I messed up again . heheh

Now you can use that to you own interpretation
Your valentines can be stitched, painted, presented as a card,made as a doll, or any way you which to make your valentine.

One rule is, They must all be Hand Made. No exceptions this time. You of course may purchase your materials and decorate with purchased items but the Valentine itself must be hand made.

Sign up begins today and ends on the 15th of January. All Valentines must be mailed NO LATER then the 11th of February. You may want to check with your PO to make sure that the Valentine will arrive in time for Valentines Day.

The Value should be equal to in respect to each other so I am placing a $20 value. That could be considered time and materials but not postage.
Here are a few ideas
These are just something to stir the brain waves it hopes that the love starts to flow. hehehe

Please don't miss out on this fun Valentine Exchange.

Come on all you sewers and quilters that said they want to be a part of i, here is a chance for you to shine.

This message was edited Jan 14, 2013 8:29 AM

This message was edited Jan 15, 2013 8:31 AM

This message was edited Jan 18, 2013 11:29 AM

This message was edited Feb 8, 2013 8:36 AM

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I am having problems seeing this. Can someone reply so that I know it has posted in this forum. Thank so much.
Jan

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I can see it. Five pictures posted.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Yea, Okay, thanks for letting me know. I have posted it in several areas with a link to this spot so I hope we get a good turn out.
Do you want to join in???? Come on, be the first.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Sounds like fun, count me in. It will be a stitched gift for sure.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Gottcha Mittsy, thanks

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I would like to join. Sound like fun.

Saginaw, MI

Hello, Have participated in a couple other swaps and would like to join in on this one--sounds like fun!! Maybe stitched--maybe yummy--maybe both my gift will be!!!
Shirley

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

YES!!! so much fun and I have had a few "Valentine" ideas floating around in my murky mind! SIGN me up please!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

YEA!!! Two more, Got cha.
10 days left to sign up.

Where's Thunder... Barb.... Jean... Linda K. you know, the usual suspects!!! hehehe...

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I am here, sign me up please?

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Too much on my plate right now. I'm sorry.......

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

This is who I have so far. If you signed up and your name isn't on the list just holler at me, but not too loud please. Heheh

Mittsy
Rose318
Sbish5
Psychw2
Taters55
Morknotmindy

If I have you on the list and you aren't suppose to be there you can tell me quietly I messed up again . heheh

This message was edited Jan 6, 2013 12:54 PM

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Hey Gourd, I just checked this site and I don't see my name listed...... Stifling a little tear here..... :^(
Just kidding.

somehow we have two threads, that's probably what's causing the trouble Mork.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I want to join. Finally thought of something I can do

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Alright, I will add you to the list goldhillal

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Gourdbeader, can you please tell me what you have in your pictures at the top? I'm blind, so can't see the pictures.
Thanks!
Michelle

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh my, I am so sorry, It never occurred to me that I should explain what was shown and not just show pictures. I do apologize, I have shown pictures of a purse that I
made using the penny rug method with a big heart on it , I also posted a picture of a runner that I had made using Punch needle method that has a home within a black bird with trees and then lettering that reads " Home is where The , and then a large of a heart, then more lettering IS" I have never tried to describe this so it is sort of a test for me too. I have also shown a box with some Valentine cookies, There is also a Picture of little mug mats that have a heart on them. They are made of felt and have the hearts appliqued on them. Anything hand made is okay. I don't know to what extent your blindness keeps you from doing things but any stitching or baking or anything that you can create is acceptable. I really don't want to put any limitations on this for you specifically if you are capable of doing these things. You have really stumped me and I have to say that it has been a challenge to explain some of these things. Also, have you always been blind? What I mean is that I am assuming that you know what a heart is shaped like and basically what a Valentine is like.
I am sorry if I sound stupid or dumbfounded but I guess the question just sort of threw me for a loop. I just never gave it any thought on describing something like that. Please forgive me. Please feel free to Dmail me any further questions you may have or post them here. I will try and be what ever help I can be.
Jan

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, Gourdbeader.
Not a problem :) Your descriptions of the pictures are very helpful :) The things you've made sound lovely :) Thanks for describing them. It gives me some ideas of things I might do.
Yes, I was born blind. I do baking and crocheting, and some other crafts.
This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. However, I think I shouldn't commit to doing this yet. Just getting my energy back after being sick over the holidays. But I'll be thinking of ideas for things I might want to do, and will let you know if I decide to sign up :)
Michelle

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Is there anyone with any kind of food allergies? Please post if so.
Thanks ,
Patti

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

GardenQuail, so happy that I was able to give you an idea of what I had pictured. I would welcome you in any activity I host and hope that I can be of assistance in the future if you need it. Nice talking with you.
Jan
Good point Rose318, If anyone has any food allergies be sure to make it know, Thank you Rose.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Inwould like ro join. Think i have some ideas and you have given a working girl plenty of time

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Happgarden, Consider yourself In. Hehe
Thanks for joining. Feel free to Dmail me with any questions.

Looking forward to getting the name I have! I have started my project, went out and purchased some of the supplies I need.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Working on mine too. I will draw names on the 15th.
This is fun. Remember the fun we had as kids exchanging valentines. I have a vintage valentine that my father gave my mother. I will have to see if I can find it and post a Picture.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I do not have any food allergies that I know of, but I do have Asthma, and anything scented tends to make it flare up....so please no smelly stuff for me.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Made not of your sensitiveness to fragrances.

Gourdbeader, did you make valentine boxes in grade school? I so loved to do that and then going to the store and buying a set of cards to hand out, course I never got to get the big fancy fold out ones...rofl, but it was fun just the same.

Worst Valentines day.... probably 2nd grade, the day before our party I got deathly sick but I wouldn't tell anyone because I didn't want them to keep me home the day of the party, well the teacher noticed me turning redder and redder and she sent me to the nurse, that immediately ended up at the doctor and I had scarletina a milder form of scarlet fever.....rofl. I was so upset about missing the party...rofl.

What's your best or worst valentines day? rofl.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I remember those Valentines Boxes in grade school and all the excitement they caused for several days beforehand. I was always afraid that getting an elephant or hippo or something like that on the valentine meant the sender thought you were fat. I didn't want to think that, but couldn't help it. Don't know why I started thinking that. I was always very careful of who I sent what valentine to. Gosh! Them was tough times.
Now I do not care who thinks I am fat or not.

Ok,, I would like to join,,, I have several ideas on what to make.

I remember making boxes too. We would use empty oatmeal boxes, cover them with tissue or construction paper.

Oh we used shoe boxes and tissue paper and construction paper with lots of glue..good old paste glue. Never knew about the hippo elephant thing...rofl kids can be really cruel

Kris, nice to meet you. I am sure we have crossed paths in the past. I'm sure Jan will get you on the list shortly.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I have am updating the list at the top just so you are all aware but here is what I have so far. If I am missing anyone, let me know

Mittsy

Rose318

Sbish5

Psychw2

Taters55

Morknotmindy

goldhillal

BarefootT-( fragrance allergies. No smelly stuff)

Happgarden

Mudelf

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is another great idea posted by another member for the swap

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/home-decor/valentine-hearts-mug-rug/39474

Wish I would have seen this first but mine is already done and I really like how mine turned out too.
Next time

Really love the mug rug!!

Pat,, I am sure we have met to,, just not sure where,,,lol

Oh love those mug rugs, wouldn't those make beautiful table runner or a place mat....really nice.

Hey, do we get our names tomorrow???

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.