Starting over (sigh)

Floyd, VA(Zone 6b)

I used to grow violets and streps quite successfully. I was very good at propagating both and ended up with maybe hundreds.
I moved and have just bought three AVs named after states. They don't have blooms so I don't know the color they are;
they are optimaras. I have sent away for strep seeds and AV seeds. I have never tried them. But if any of you have
leaves of both or either, I would like to buy a few to get started. It will take a while to grow from seeds. In the middle of
winter it is nice to have things that grow and bloom - both are so beautiful.

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Gloria,Nice seeing you hear again.I remember the beautiful av's and streps you grew Moving is hard when you can't bring all your plants with you..If you can wait till the weather warms up I can send you a Heartlands Boyish Grin baby.My leaf is putting up babies now.If I can keep it alive that long.My track record with streps isn't very good.

Jan

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Hey Gloria,

I think you will have to wait until spring for anything unless your next door neighbor has a plant to share with you lol. Most members on here are good at sharing so unless there is certain ones we don't have, I don't think you will have to buy any.

I will have several come spring maybe babies or leaves :)

Connie

Montgomery, AL

I'd be happy to send you some leaves this Spring! I've been gone for about 6 months, but am back again. Maybe there will be another round robin after the good weather returns.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

We keep missing each other Jamie LOL!! I mentioned a RR to Sister Lynn right before winter. Maybe we all need to plan on doing one when spring hits.

Connie

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Sounds like a plan.What shall we do until spring?
Lynn

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi gloriag...

You have moved to near my hometown neck of the woods!
I am originally from Newport, in Giles Co.

If you can wait a bit, I can share some strep leaves with you come Spring.

Karen

Floyd, VA(Zone 6b)

Thanks so much. I have ordered AV seeds and have strep seeds; I also ordered Gloxinia seeds

I will probably be in touch with some of you come spring. I did pick up 3 AVs at the local nursery. They Optimaras
but they had no tags or no flowers. There were a few more left, but I thought I'd start with these. I will know in
a while which state each of the mature ones represents.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.