General chat about seedlings

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well we were talking some place in the threads about seedling staying white and not making chlorophyll . Eventually the seedlings would die ,well, one my crosses finally sprouted , and guess what ? all white.. boo hoo I was hoping that that would not happen.
That is the first to do that in while and I hope on anyway, little laughter, little disappointment , continue on later

Only seeing how some of you are doing from earlier discussion ..

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I will be starting mine in Feb, Juhur7. I will share my observation there after. Mike

Floyd, VA(Zone 6b)

I am something of a newbie on this forum. Lyle, you are a wonderful and organized hybridizer and grower.
I gasped at the beauty of some of your crosses. I saw a couple of other people with indoor lights. That's
what I intend to do when I get my spider day lily seed shipment. I have a friend who runs a flower farm
(and doesn't ever charge enough!) She loves spider day lilies, so I thought I would start 35 from the
Lily auction. I am completely stunned by the lavish beauty of recent day lilies. I love the blue, wine,
purple, and lavender. Oh, I just love them all. But I get the idea that if one buys seeds (or plants her
own,) it's quite possible that you won't even get one worthwhile? The ones I have been looking at are
incredibly glamorous. I only today learned what "teeth" were on a day lily. What is the fringe on the
petal's edge called?

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Fringe ;-)

Im guessing worthwhile means different things to different people. I just get a kick out of seeing of a new flower. My biggest disappointment is always in the color. Most are 'mungy', very hard to get a good clear color. Fun to look for hidden treasure tho!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Always looked at fringe for another word for ruffles The only color I have success with are yellows , but I have not done many anyway ,not pro , only play ,,
I do have a couple seedlings from tooth Daylily started and growing , will see sometime //

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

http://www.daylilies.org/ahs_dictionary/dictionary.html

Atho I dont see fringe in the terms, neither is teeth. I do consider fringe and ruffles as different things.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.