Bug Control: Fire Ants, Roaches, etc; Diatomaceous Earth

Leary, TX

Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade! Works on Fleas and Ticks also! a little goes a long way!
This is fossilized skeletons of tiny aquatic organisms. When used, the razor sharp edges of D.E.scratch the exoskeletons of hard bodied insects, making them susceptible to dehydration and natural organisms in the soil. Application rate: Dry: 1 lb. per 500 sq. ft. Solution: 2 tbs. per gal. of water. As a food supplement for pets: 1-2% of food volume. It is dusty, so wear a mask.

when i see fire ants, i get a small scoop of D earth and then stir up the ants as i sprinkle the D earth. they scootch across it and then they die. if you live in the south you know how big a problem fire ants are. most ant killers say not to disturb the mound. but since this is most affective when the ants come in contact, i stir em up... does and awesome job. doesn't take a whole lot either, just a medium sprinkling.
if you are looking for insect control, this is the stuff, kills anything that is next to the ground, like fire ants, slugs, etc Get the 50lb bags from Amazon.com
Also keeps your stored grains, wheat, alfalfa, corn, flour and cornmeal free of weavils, etc.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

DE won't kill the fireant mound, they simply make a new entrance.

Leary, TX

IT DARN SURE KILLED ALL MY FIRE ANTS ON OUR 3 ACRE PLOT HERE AT OUR GARDEN CENTER, AND KEEPS ON KILLING THOSE THAT ARE ACCIDENTLY BROUGHT IN BY OUTSIDE SOURCES!!! i JUST SPRINKLED A COUPLE OF PINCHES OF DE WHENEVER I SAW ANY ANT ACTIVITY! WHERE DO YOU LIVE? WE ARE IN EXTREME NORTHEAST TEXAS.

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Maybe tone it down a bit.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.