Teeth Dalilies

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I need to find find someone that breeds just for teeth daylilies, I know there are people that breed for different patterns but I would like to find someone thats breeding for teeth with at least 1" long teeth.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

wow, an inch is pretty long. Living where it is hot, I am lucky enough to get some good teeth. Ill have to go back thru my pictures and take a look for some. Sometimes the teeth only come on the second bloom cycle, I have one that only blooms with teeth the FFO, they then become more ruffles.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I will have to learn and try more about that as of yet, best of luck with your search and attempts!!!

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

James Gossard has ""Beastman"",a new daylily with teeth 1" long & a few others has a few with big teeth. I will be getting Beastman this spring A double fan for $300.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Benz's "Black Horns" is reported to have some long teeth.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2012 5:07 AM

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I saw Fred ( Manning/spunky) had Dr. Stump listed last night, it was up to 450, dont know what it sold for.Need to check the closed auctions.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I would like to see a daylily with i" teeth perform in a wide range of gardens - I if you buy one of these with advertised with 1" teeth have the hybridizer guareente it will have 1" teeth in your area..Dr Stump is a kid from Fantastic Fringe and i don't see it being a $500.00 dollar daylily ..
The hybridizer Larry Grace sells it for less than $450.00

FANTASTIC FRINGE this is about a $50.00 daylily...

LARRY'S OBSESSION - Is now about $35.00

The last one is my 2013 intro HABOOB it has a few tendrals that measure 1" teeth that would measure over 1" should be called fringe.

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I second that. I dont get it at all, especially after having so many with 'teeth'. The way the heat effects mine, I cant imagine how disappointing some might be in cooler climates.
I sure hope Im still on the wait list for Haboob, besides teeth, its just a great flower.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I was just over looking at the floyd cove intros for this year. Looks like SPINEFELD alays has teeth and tentacles present, even without hot weather. Cant wait till spring to start getting feedback from real gardens. Fun to see the winners and not so great .

This message was edited Dec 11, 2012 3:57 PM

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Pam - The first division of Hoboob goes to you...

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Bowing and thanking you profusely. You know Ive loved that from the first time you posted it.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Lyle.. I just planted seeds that I bought on the auction, What do you think of the selfing deeds of DR.Stump X DR. Stump I just planted, Do you think they will be any good or is it a bad cross.
Jerry.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I ment to say Seeds,I guess I should have previewed it before sending it.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Jerry - Dr Stump has good parents, and if you have enough seeds you may get something nice from the cross. I find sometimes the longer the cross the better the results..this is not to say you won't get a seedling to evaluate.

Lyle, I have a question. Not really crazy about teeth on DL, but I am curious why they would mainly occur in warmer climates. I do like your second DL in your photo for the color and contrasting teeth.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.