Drosera propagation

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Thought I would show a few of my vc Drosera's I am propagating and a pic of my 2.5 soon to be Southern Butterwort (Pinguicula primuliflora) only terrarium. I will be setting up a species only Drosera terrarium and let this one bee my P. primuliflora 2.5 tank. I like all carnivorous plants but some more than others like I prefer Sarracenia over Nepenthes but still have Nepenthes. I adore Pings and am quite fond of sundews too but to a lesser extent flytraps even though I have over 50 of them. The zip bag is where I grow my sphagnum before placing in pots etc; it also has a young earth star (Cryptanthus) developing roots for later planting in its own pot.

Thumbnail by perkoschilefarm Thumbnail by perkoschilefarm Thumbnail by perkoschilefarm Thumbnail by perkoschilefarm
(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

I've seen drosera babies in liquid like this before but what is the liquid they are in?

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Water.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I need to try growing Pinguicula primuliflora again. I seem to kill those for some reason.

north coast nsw, Australia

very cool

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

P. primuliflora seems to grow well for me for a few months then suddenly begin to rot away. I seem to always have around 13-18 at any given time and hoping to get some flowers this Spring.

north coast nsw, Australia

Maybe your keeping them to wet then if there rotting. I use to grow pings ina peat/sand mix in shallow water trays some times letting them get on the dryer side then wet.

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Yea definitely on the wetter side in my lil box. I run a half live LFS and half 60/40 peat sand mix mainly with the pings no longer staying in the lfs and the Utrics everywhere as well as dews and recently a few baby air plants for kicks. No to concerned with losing all the pings since I have had this parentage for nearly two years and constantly taking new starts and placing all around in the greenhouse.

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

cool !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.