My three latest pots!

Carlsbad, CA(Zone 10b)

I've been backed up getting glazing done and finally finished three pots last week. They were fired when I got to class today so I thought I'd share. These are the beginning of my new 'style' of making pieces that are simpler to glaze, as my tendency has been to make pieces with lots of details, flowers, butterflies, etc. Then I use lots of different colors and glazing takes me 5 - 10 hours for each piece.

I'm very happy with the two colored ones but the white one looks funny. I used a rounded fence post cap and pressed it in too far. But I figure when it gets planted they won't show as much. I've been dying to make one with extruded coils and finally got around to it and I'll be planting lithops in that one. The striped one is an Esther 'reproduction' as I call it, but with colors than I wanted to use together. I love her pots but could never afford one -http://www.estherstudios.com/pots.html

Thumbnail by Anniesfollies Thumbnail by Anniesfollies Thumbnail by Anniesfollies
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!