Blooming in December, 2012

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

With temps still in the upper 70's, low 80's the blooms are looking good, for this time of year....

Blooming today.
PREMONITION

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Lyle, that's a nice one

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Very nice ,!!!! Sure would make me happy^_^

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the comments..

It is starting to cool here in Phoenix. I still have a few scapes up but not sure if they will bloom out..

A beauty Lyle.

My REGAL BRAID produced its last buds in November but never opened due to change in weather. The buds were produced on a new fan.

Below is Regal Braid (Stamile '95) taken in September. It is a Tet /Dor.

Thumbnail by
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Blomma that's a nice one also.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Blomma that is gorgeous. I almost bought one last fall.....but didn't

Linda

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

Lyle, you are killing me with daylilies in December !!! I slobber over yours from spring thru late fall, and now you come up with photos of some blooming in the dead of winter ????? How unfair can life be??/

I have been disappointed by the few catalogs I have received . ( I mean the number of them, not in what they offer.) Floyd Cove, Tim Bell, and Dan Hansen. Is anyone else getting them ?

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Corgimom, I have gotten a lot of them.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

none yet :0(

Saginaw, MI

SEVERAL catalogs here also!! Let the wish lists begin!!! ha ha

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I've been getting some too but don't have much room left for planting any.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Ordered one each of Hydrangea Vanilla Strawberry and Incrediball from Jung this morning. I am putting those where I had the Brugs last summer. They will take a few years to get up there. The price was in the budget. I relocate a couple that I had growing under a super size evergreen the last four years that didn't like where they were. Hopefully they will love the new location. Sleet and snow is expected after midnight.

Saginaw, MI

Went in with my sister and ordered a few daylilies from Ensata closeout sale:

Forty second street
Mynelles Starfish
Copperhead road
Forbidden desires
Dreams of Heroes
Andy Candy
Roses in snow
Cindys eye
Eye of newt
Exotic treasure
Raspberry masquerade
Inner destiny
Macho macho man
Gail fox
Bollywood

Anybody have any of these??? If so, how have they done for you????

Don't know which ones I will end up with and which ones she will get to start with--in the end we will both have all of them as they grow enough to be split!!! Saves us both money!!!

This message was edited Feb 7, 2013 10:30 AM

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I had Andy Candy but it died. Was supposed to be dormant but it never did well for me.

Roses in Snow is a good grower here.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2013 7:51 AM

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I have M-Starfish coming this spring from Morning_star on the LA. FSS is a nice double based on the pics I have seen of it in the past.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.