Help!

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

I think I fertilized too much. I have nasturtiums that I planted in a pot that I had previously watered with Miracle Gro. I think I remember that they wont bloom but will just be all leaves now. Is there any way to correct what Ive done? I started them from seed and they look terrific but Im thinking they wont bloom. 'Appreciate any suggestions.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Change out the dirt?

Well, nitrogen being more soluble than the other components, I think all you can do is NOT fertilize, and hope. I think they'll be vigorous and eventually will flower.
I have some fertilizer called bloom booster. it is high in the second number.(phosphorous?) and I think that a dose of that will stimulate a flush of bloom.

Me, I can't get nasturtiiums to sprout.

I had wondered about flushing repeatedly with water and I had also wondered about bloom promoter fertilizer. The MG is higher in phos than a balanced fert so Im just not sure what to do.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Flush repeatedly with water....remember what I did to over 200 tomato seedlings last January? I flushed and saved more than 2/3 of my beautiful plants. And, I gave the ratty looking ones to my neighbor. They bounced back and gave him a viper crop !!!

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Flush repeatedly with water....remember what I did to over 200 tomato seedlings last January? I flushed and saved more than 2/3 of my beautiful plants. And, I gave the ratty looking ones to my neighbor. They bounced back and gave him a bumper crop !!!

I saved a ficus tree once by flushing that my two kittens had been using as a litter box without my knowing... until the ammonia smell caught my attention.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.