Need to remove wood edging along brick path

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

This was our vegetable garden but now my husband has given it to me for plants and flowers. The brick path was laid in sand, not cement.

The wood edging will eventually cause me a fatal trip so I need to eliminate the high wood edging. Any ideas for an easy way to remove it or saw it down? My husband, Jack, already nixed the idea of a Saws All.

In the third photo you can see Jack screwed the edging into a longer piece of wood that goes about a foot deep.

In the fourth photo you can see the results of when I removed the end. The longer piece of wood, securing the edge, is on the left here. You can see how the last row of bricks weakened from the removal of the wood.

Any solutions for this problem? Thanks for any help you can give me. (I'm 71 so go easy with me!)

Thumbnail by pirl Thumbnail by pirl Thumbnail by pirl Thumbnail by pirl
This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!