Christmas Decorations

Thomaston, CT

Yeah, that sounds good, too!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ugh I am sooooooo grossed out!!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Hee hee - sorry, Jen! But mice are people too.

On a lighter, non-rodent note - I got my tree today! Will let it open up and will start to decorate tomorrow. Almost 8 ft. $50.

Funny how it really does not feel right until the tree is up - despite a house full of decorations!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Got mine today too...$40 have no idea how tall....taller than me! ^_^

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that was a great price Victor.. here an 8 footer will be over $100.00 I betcha

the snowflakes sound great Jen!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

We'll be getting our tree on Saturday, busy weekend ahead
Christmas play tomorrow night, church Sat night, Sunday Santa at local farmer's market and drive thru nativity at night

Thomaston, CT

The farm on my road was selling trees for $38...any size...I paid $35...neighbor discount...putting it up tomorrow....

Forgot to say mine is a Frasier.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Love frasiers

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

been at least 2 or 3 cars out there up till 9:00.. too cool

Great! You should sell commemorative programs. ;)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

we should have our collection box out for the orphanage in town.. this weekend.. we are late doing that.. slackers!!!.. the one neighbor loves that we are doing this and getting traffic now.. he said if any of the neighbors give us a hard time with the U turns.. he will put a sign out.. U turn here .. in his driveway.. how cool is he???

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

well that's nice of him

Our pastor lives near another church that does a drive thru nativity and they bring them a baked goods as a thank you for putting up with all the traffic

Very nice.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

not a bad idea Jen... thanks!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

^_^

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

DW decided that a 9 foot golden arborvitae was in the wrong place, so I cut it down for our Christmas tree. Most of our mini light strings were kaput and I decided that instead of spending hours trying to find the dead bulbs I would just buy some new LED strings. Colors are nice, they come in several sizes and shapes, and are energy savers.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

thanks for reminding me Don I have to go down in the basement and find the dead bulb in the deer and get it out before my kids get here today.

Decorating my tree now. I have made the complete switch to LEDs. Love them.

Just finished the tree and realized I forgot the tinsel garland! Duh. Too late now. Still looks nice.

Thomaston, CT

I decorated my tree as well...I keep it in the living room, so the kids were out of everyone's way for awhile, reading all the tags on the presents.....They are getting ski passes from me, so nothing they could shake!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well Randy wiped out down the stairs.. messed up his ankle.. needless to say we are done decorating :(

any leftover stuff will be saved for next year.. I feel so bad.. he did all this work and got hurt now.. but it's time to sit back and enjoy the people visiting.. I am uploading a video today.. will post later.. hopefully youtube doesn't block the audio

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh NO!! Poor Randy!! Hope it's not serious! :(

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the swelling is starting to do down.. I forced him to sit his butt down yesterday and I went out and finished any big stuff that I can do.. realized I missed one thing while taking photos last night.. will fix that today.. but he is doing better.. doing the smart thing now and just relaxing and icing it

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh duh.. while the video is uploading I can show you some pics.. the last one is what we did on Barb's lawn next door

Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

You know I love Snoopy! ^_^
The tree is amazing!!!!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

of course the mingos are my favorite!!!

Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I really like the tall snowman with a face on every ball. :)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

we have lots of snoopys .. Barb, and son gave me the humming bird spinner.. so he went out now since the ground isn't frozen yet

Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1 Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

cause I know you guys will giggle.. there was no flash in any of those photos.. yes it's that bright when they are all on.. LOL

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Nice!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ok you guys have to tell me if the audio plays or not.. it was does on my end

http://youtu.be/IPeKs1yDcPA

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Meant to say it's wonderful!

This message was edited Dec 16, 2012 8:08 AM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

awesome.. thanks.. now I can post it on tacky lights!!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

OH no Randy hope you are feeling better!!
Allison everything looks great, I love the giant tree the best!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks

Thomaston, CT

I( hope Randy's doing even better today.....ankle injuries are painful! The photos are wonderful....good luck!

Oh no! Best to Randy. Incredible display, as always.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Looks great, hope Randy feels better soon!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.